Page 1 of 2
So, I was working out earlier, and I realized that I like to listen to a certain kind of music when I work out. That music is usually '80's Death/Thrash, like Possessed or Kreator, and I was wondering what kind of music people in the pit listen to when they work out. Do you listen to one specific kind or is it varied? Do you listen to none at all? Is my avatar awesome? Get to answering.
I've gotten to a point where I can only listen to albums (or the OoT soundtrack). If I just leave it on shuffle and try and let it run its course, I usually get distracted and end up skipping to something I like, and it ruins my flow.

Some albums I enjoy whilst working out:

Deconstruction - The Devin Townsend Project
Scenes From A Memory - Dream Theater
A Dramatic Turn of Events - Dream Theater
Crack The Skye - Mastodon
Blood Mountain - Mastodon
Five Serpent's Teeth - Evile

Those are the most common, and like I said, OoT soundtrack, but yeah.

Also your avatar is demonic. But in a cute kitteh kind of way :3
Working out? Yeah, okay.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
probably really shitty metalcore/deathcore/djent
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
My Zumba playlist is awesome cause we do choreographed dances. When I was doing kickboxing we would listen to electronic dance, rock and pop. When I'm working out at home I usually put my ipod on shuffle and I have music that ranges from pop to dance to metal to country, etc.
STಠ_ಠ
lol work out

when i cycled to school i usually listened to death metal though, probably would opt for that if i were to do such a thing
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last time I worked out I remember listening to Alaska

But other than that, it was either stuff playing over the PA or stuff that I used to listen to like 4 years ago
My gym plays EDM. It's lame as shit. I don't wear headphones when I'm working out because inconvenient/uncomfortable.
Protest the Hero
Periphery
Meshuggah (Especially for bigger weights)
Behemoth
Strapping Young Lad
Amon Amarth
Movie soundtracks

I'm not kidding about the soundtracks either. There are some that i swear to god help me push out a couple extra reps.

edit: I ALWAYS listen to this song when i deadlift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXTue8zRtlk
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at May 17, 2013,
Quote by whywefight
Last time I worked out I remember listening to Alaska

But other than that, it was either stuff playing over the PA or stuff that I used to listen to like 4 years ago

You and Phils really need to just join profiles 'cause I keep thinking you're the same person. Call it, whyphilsfight.
When I had an mp3.....

Meshuggah and some other heavy stuff of the sorts. Often after taking Jack3d. It was actually quite worrying at times. Seeing stars and feeling like I'm on crystal meth.

Then I lost the charging cord for my mp3 and it died forever
Quote by Morphogenesis26
You and Phils really need to just join profiles 'cause I keep thinking you're the same person. Call it, whyphilsfight.

maybe i will pm a mod to have the username changed to whyphilsfight

switching between profiles sucks

and that fallout boy album is awesome
Last edited by whywefight at May 17, 2013,
The albums We're Down Til We're Underground by Give Up the Ghost, Darker Half by Backtrack, and Pendulum Swings by Expire usually do it for me.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Usually the most aggressive, high energy punk I know. Green Day, Sum 41, you know the classics.

bro, blink-182?
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
bro, blink-182?

They aren't aggressive enough, don't get the blood pumping like Green Day does.
I don't usually like listening to music when I work out. It's fairly loud in the gym and I generally don't like having to keep my iPod on hand too. If I'm focusing more on running or on the stairs machine, I will put on my ipod. Last time I did I was listening to Gojira. I could see myself listening to Meshuggah too or really any metal. For whatever reason, I feel that blues rock or something like Guthrie Govan would also keep me motivated.
Metalcore mostly, some 80's metal, certain EDM songs. I don't like overly complicated stuff, I just like something with a good beat that helps me keep a good rhythm when I work out.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Moment 4 Lyfe by Nicki Minaj feat. Drake - my main jam.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
so much gay in thread thread dayum
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Avedas
Usually nothing, but EDM if I feel like listening to music.

This.
cat
Quote by whywefight
maybe i will pm a mod to have the username changed to whyphilsfight

switching between profiles sucks

and that fallout boy album is awesome

I love the woman in your avatar
Quote by wedy1414
I love the woman in your avatar

Should I thank you for saying this? Because technically I had nothing to do with this gif; I'm not Holly Michaels, I had nothing to do with the shooting of the scene, I didn't even create the original gif. So thanking you would be me thanking you for thanking me for something I had nothing to do with.

It's like thanking someone because they have a similar taste in women.

Um, I mean.... thank you.
I don't listen to music. The sounds of other men grunting gets my blood flowing.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Page 1 of 2