Page 1 of 3
Is it wrong for me to think high school kids selling small time is kind of a good thing? Encourages money management, time management, and the spirit of entrepreneurship and small business.

I think the peaceful, mid level guys would be productive members of society and decent businessmen if it wasn't for the prohibition of certain soft drugs as well.

Discuss.
You make about the same amount of money that you'd make at McDonalds unless you're high up in a trafficking ring, but a much lower potential for shooting by customers, and no risk of being arrested for possession with intent to distribute.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
i've made $90 slinging fungus in the last two days. money is good. i guess it's a hobby.
Breaking laws and committing fellonies does not teach kids how to be responsible. It gets them further into drugs most of the time and puts serious offenses on their record before they've rally even started their lives. It also gets more dangerous as you start to sell more. I've had friends got robbed, beaten, and held up at gun point.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
There's too much risk involved because of the War on Drugs. Especially for non-whites.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Selling at a small level can be alright. But if you want to control an entire area there is going to be violence.
I'm not saying people should go out and sell drugs. But I think peaceful, successful drug dealers should be given a certain level of praise and understanding. They operate in many ways like a business and provide a desired service to the community.
I know people who work and deal on the side. I know laid back ones and shady ones. Don't mind the laid back people. They're never in to hard drugs or get weird. I get stuff through friends so I have no first hand experience.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by necrosis1193
You make about the same amount of money that you'd make at McDonalds unless you're high up in a trafficking ring, but a much lower potential for shooting by customers, and no risk of being arrested for possession with intent to distribute.

not true...how much you make depends on how fast you can sell really. and it you have a good, steady connect.

and i wouldn't say it makes people productive, but i wouldn't say it is a bad thing. if your talking about a small time dealer selling to his group of people and a couple outside people like friends of friends then its cool, the risk starts to happen when you get bigger. and at that point, cops aren't a huge risk if your not driving around with your stash, i'd be more worried about getting robbed.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Last edited by jimihendrix6699 at May 17, 2013,
Quote by due 07
i've made $90 slinging fungus in the last two days. money is good. i guess it's a hobby.

That isn't even dealing. That's just chopping for friends. I'm talking about dudes who are just laid back young adults who are supplying a need in the community in a peaceful manner. I figured a lot of the people in this community would naturally support the sort of etho if we are assuming that their operation is entirely peaceful. After all there seem to be common threads of disliking large corporations, support for legalization in general, etc etc. At a base level it really is something seemingly quite agreeable given the broader ethics commonly projected.

Maybe I'm just too much of a big softie.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at May 17, 2013,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I'm not saying people should go out and sell drugs. But I think peaceful, successful drug dealers should be given a certain level of praise and understanding. They operate in many ways like a business and provide a desired service to the community.

Weed kills and you're gonna die.
Quote by jimihendrix6699
not true...how much you make depends on how fast you can sell really. and it you have a good, steady connect.

In theory, how fast you sell doesn't have any affect on how much you make, since you have the same inventory, so assuming in both scenarios you sell all of it, you make the same amount of money.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Thrashtastic15
That isn't even dealing. That's just chopping for friends.

'i guess it's a hobby.'
Quote by Redsectoreh
I would never buy from high school kids because they likely have shitty arcade weed.

Well obviously not, they have their own mini little market of supply and demand.

^ well that wouldn't be much of a discussion, would it? are you high right now?
Quote by necrosis1193
In theory, how fast you sell doesn't have any affect on how much you make, since you have the same inventory, so assuming in both scenarios you sell all of it, you make the same amount of money.

it has everything to do with how much you make. the sooner you can start selling for profit, the better. if you can move it fast then you can re-up more and make money faster. not increasing the profit margin but making that profit faster and quicker.

and if you can sell it fast, chances are your supplier will give you lower prices, thus increasing the profit margin.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
course I am

I say this because I work right next to a high school, and they're always smoking the most rotten shit right outside of my door. They're probably getting it off of someones greasy brother from his one plant growing in his basement. High school kids just don't know where to get the good stuff.
i think drug dealing--and counter-economics in general--is an important critique of the capitalist state so i encourage everyone to sell.
dealing drugs is great fun, 8/10 recommend
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

You're just saying all this because you're high, and your logical center is too buzzed to care if things you say are logical.

Damn hippy!
Hey thrash I wish you all the best in establishing your high school trafficing ring and I hope it really works out for you
Selling virtually anything can help you get closer to your business/sales skills. You don't need to sell drugs to learn that.

Tell those know it all hippies and wannabe hard knock life gangsters at your school to get a ****in' life. Once high school is over, some will. Some will stay 16 forever.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You're just saying all this because you're high, and your logical center is too buzzed to care if things you say are logical.

Damn hippy!

I'm as clean as a whistle unlike your face you programmer.

And hippie? I'm actively supporting grassroots, unfettered capitalism in action. That doesn't sound very far out and left wing to me.

This is a purely academic thread Spaz.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I'm as clean as a whistle unlike your face you programmer.

And hippie? I'm actively supporting grassroots, unfettered capitalism in action. That doesn't sound very far out and left wing to me. ]

Well, then...

You're obviously part of the right-wing anti-hippies. They're like hippies without all the love and peace. Most people call them "skinheads"!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Well, then...

You're obviously part of the right-wing anti-hippies. They're like hippies without all the love and peace. Most people call them "skinheads"!

Does your head not have skin? You should get that checked out friend.
oh god i'm a skinhead
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Maybe these kids could use their talents selling something else if they're actually good at it. Selling drugs never leads to anything good. I've had friends that went to jail for it and they end up worse off in the long run. So, no. I don't think it's a good thing for high school kids to sell drugs. They should use their time and effort to do something else.
If you think selling drugs has a positive effect on a teenager's life, you're so far gone from reality that nobody can drag you back, including yourself. You're a damn fool, not that that's a surprise to anyone.

This coming from someone who thinks all drugs should be fully legal.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Does your head not have skin? You should get that checked out friend.

Well played, sir. Well played indeed!
Quote by necrosis1193
You make about the same amount of money that you'd make at McDonalds unless you're high up in a trafficking ring

from my general life experience this has not been that true, kids i know selling pot make fairly good money actually
Quote by unicornicopia
from my general life experience this has not been that true, kids i know selling pot make fairly good money actually

How old are you? Because if pot sales = good money, then you must be pretty young.

Edit:
You were born in '95; that explains it.
Page 1 of 3