was practicing with the band today

and noticed that when i was tuning with my pitchblack it was making a weird noise when i was picking strings, low noise but still noticeable. that only happened when i was picking, and notes were showing on the pitch black.

the noise went away if i turned the gain on my amp down. i play with the gain on about 6-7 on the lead channel.

which is weird because i though it was meant to mute signal.

its never happened before but this is the first time Ive used my gear in a few months.

the only thing i can thing of is my amp head (tweaker 88) and my diago micro power were plugged into the same extension cable,
might this be the source of the problem ?
Can you give us some more detail on how your rig is set up?

Were the notes actually coming through your amp or just noise?

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
I think that happened on my Hardwire tuner as well. I think it's a true bypass issue.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I think that happened on my Hardwire tuner as well. I think it's a true bypass issue.

i dunno about a true bypass issue, that's only when the pedal's off. it's got something to do with the mute bleeding signal.
yes, where the pedal is off its completly silent, when the pedal is on the mute signal bleeds.
so you can here the notes but there are very quiet and weird sounding.
rig is just les paul goldtop ( with humbuckers ) ---> pitchblack ----> tweaker 88

the effects loop is off, and as i say i use a diago power supply