Are there several versions of Set the Controls for the heart of the sun in existence. I have listened to two versions on youtube, one with more in the way of synths. This video was however taken down and i did research but can no longer find this version, or any info on it. I would appreciate if anyone can help, and if this is a stupid question, sorry, I am not very familiar with the overall Pink Floyd discography.
There's the studio version and the Live in Pompeii version. I'm sure there are more, but those are the most readily available.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Oh, most of the videos on youtube were the pompeii version, I have listened to it before but had only seen one video of the studio version, and thus assumed that the pompeii version was in fact the studio version and the other i had listened to was a demo or something else. I just checked itunes to find the actual studio version and you are right, thank you!
zzzzzzz

Quote by metal4eva_22
My favourite song by Pink Floyd is Freebird.

that's really the only song by them i like. johnny page's guitar solo is awesome.
Last edited by MinterMan22 at May 18, 2013,
Wasn't that also on UmmaGumma live disc as well?
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Quote by MinterMan22
that's really the only song by them i like. johnny page's guitar solo is awesome.

I think you're confused. First of all, you're thinking of Jimi Page. Johnny Page was a football player. Second of all, Jimi Page never played on any of Pink's solo records. They did play together on several of Led Zeppelin's solo albums though (with Pink playing bass guitar and Jimi playing second guitar behind Toni Loomi; Jeff Rowtall also made guest appearances frequently, most notably his flute playing on Led's signature tune, "Smells Like We Ripped Off Spirit").
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I don't trust users that don't have an avatar. Look like damn Adbots to me.

The Pompeii version does have some more synth and a bit heavier guitar. Why is this important though?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at May 18, 2013,
There might be a movie version of it too, haven't watched it in a long time.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.