Poll: Ever build/customize your gear
Poll Options
View poll results: Ever build/customize your gear
Hell yeah, I love making it my own
28 67%
Hell nah, I'm not a cheap ass
14 33%
Voters: 42.
I realize there's an entire forum for customized gear, but this is more of a general question. I just finished building a 2x12 cabinet. Wrapping tolex sucks when you get a piece that's not quite large enough so you have to improvise a bit. Regardless, I'm proud of how it came out, simply for the fact that it's mine.

Feel free to add pictures and stories and what have you. Poll coming soon.

I maed thz guize
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Not loving the color but it's a pretty neat cab!

Very funny timing... Next week, a carpentry friend of mine is going to build a studio workstation desk for me from scratch with my exact specifications.

Among other things, it's going to have a cutout in the center of the desk to flush mount my 88 key MIDI controller. Doing a major overhaul to the studio with lots of upgrades and new toys. SO PUMPED

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Nice.

I build a lot of my guitars. Mostly stratocasters. The strat body balances well on an injured shoulder.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

i quit elike the cab reminds me of a cartoon tv haha
what speakers you putting in there?

yeah pedals mostly
ive also made a coupleof amps
i also make my own straps out of 2 inch wide seatbelt material
i was going to star tbuilding guitars form scratch but then when i was away someone broke into my toolshed and stole all my tools and my homemade amps
Bought a diy fuzz pcb a while back and I still havent put it together yet so no I dont build my own gear
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I've heavily modded my 6505, so yes.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
With the help of some friends in their specific fields of expertise, i:

- built a Dr. Boogey, a pedal that emulates the Mesa Recto distortion (build thread here;

- built a Beavis Devolt and a simple pedalboard (bulid thread here);

- and customized my Squier Stratocaster (build thread here).

Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I have a guitar built from a DIY kit, but that's as far as I've gone
It turned out alright but the paint was fairly sloppy and the stock pickups are awful

When I'm less poor I'll think about building a custom cab and might start getting into pedal building one day, when I have the tools for it
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Linkerman
With the help of some friends in their specific fields of expertise, i:

- built a Dr. Boogey, a pedal that emulates the Mesa Recto distortion (build thread here;

Been wanting to build one of these myself
- Frank Castle
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Been wanting to build one of these myself

If you want a really ballsy, thick and tasty distortion, with a very effective EQ, i absolutely recommend it.

Of course it will never sound exactly like a cranked Mesa Dual Rectifier, but it definitely gets both my Laney LV300H and Ampeg GVT52-112 in the ballpark.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
If you want a really ballsy, thick and tasty distortion, with a very effective EQ, i absolutely recommend it.

Of course it will never sound exactly like a cranked Mesa Dual Rectifier, but it definitely gets both my Laney LV300H and Ampeg GVT52-112 in the ballpark.

Ballsy distortion is the best distortion
- Frank Castle
I started building a lap steel guitar, but then my dad told me we don't have the right tools so it's kind of just sitting there in pieces. It's my dad's fault though because I sent him the instructions and he said we had anything, but then when it came time to build it, it was clear that he obviously didn't read the directions.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I've built a cigarbox guitar and my pedalboard. Now I'm designing a fuzz pedal and I've put together a two channels loop switcher. So yay! I love making my own stuff

That dr. boogey thing looks amazing.
I've built a 1-12 cabinet out of mahogany,2 pedal boards and a few road cases.I can't seem to upload the pics right now.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
Have I ever? Not yet.

In a couple weeks when I'm out of school, I'm getting a neck and body from a Kramer Pacer that I'll be working on and restoring. Shall be something to keep me occupied in the summer.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Anyone tried building a 2 channel pedal like the blackstar HT-DUAL im curious to how they work
- Frank Castle
I mod my guitars to crap and mod my pedals but I haven't built a guitar or anything from scratch.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.

Did build this from scratch, not much since. I am looking into building some pedals and such though.
Tell me who's that writin'...
I've never built my gear, but I've repaired my gear several times. I put new pickups in several of my guitars.
I don't so much build my own but heavily modify.

I've got a repainted Strat which I stuck an odd pick up combination in (lipstick tube - stock Squire - small humbucker) and my pride and joy Fender Mustang (avatar) which was originally blue with a tort plate is now Fiat Yellow with a pearl plate and a Red Lace Sensor pick-up.

Proper pictures on my profile.