This is a piece I am working on and I am a bit stuck, I have no idea how to continue it, Mainly because of the chorus section.

Should I change it? Leave it as it is? Ad something that flows better with the initial feel of the song or something heavier?

Any advice?

Updated! Now with more song!
Attachments:
Ambient funk(sorta).gp5
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Last edited by Guitar0player at May 24, 2013,
I wouldn't say its funk but its nice
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by amonamarthmetal
I wouldn't say its funk but its nice

Well, funk is said with a grain of salt mainly due to the bass line and the beat.

Honest questions:

A) Would you change the chorus section?

B) If you dont consider it funk, what would you call it then?
Last edited by Guitar0player at May 18, 2013,
A) No
B) Post-rock (maybe?)
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Sounds like a dance-pop song from the early 80's more than folk. Was pretty damn good too, haha.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God
Quote by DragTheWaters11
Sounds like a dance-pop song from the early 80's more than folk. Was pretty damn good too, haha.

Well, that was kinda the direction. Thanks man!
Groovy as a mofo but still having feels
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Ometh
Groovy as a mofo but still having feels

You literally brought a tear to my eye, thank you my friend.

Should I change the chorus to something that goes more with the feel of the song?
I know a bit late on the reply but better late than never!

I liked the kinda funky feel to it, almost reminds me of Billy Jean. I liked how it all layered up quite nicely and everything's doing something nice. The solo after the first chorus was cool as well. I liked the first chorus, and I liked the direction the second chorus was heading in, but I was hoping for a different chord sequence. The first 2 bars of the chord sequence are cool, but the next half of the sequence was pretty typical which was disappointing, I think you really had the opportunity to progress the song into a more grand direction. I can't say the theory behind it, I don't know what chords to use, but I know what I would've liked to happen and it's a little annoying I can't explain it.

But yeah, I think you should get into the distortion guitars a bit more after that chorus to get to the climax of the song. That's what I think at least. Nice one though, I'd like to see where this heads.
reminds me something you might hear on some later pink floyd stuff, or even like the grateful dead's terrapin station kind of sound. either way its cool. i love the consistent groove and the dance sensibility. also, yes, the feels.
i thought it was meh till the bassline kicked in, then it got really good. chill vibes, felt pretty funky to me