i was going searching Google for a locking nut. and came across this. but i cant seem to find it any place to buy... does anyone have a idea on a place that sells these??
Attachments:
BP0018010.jpg
Guitars: IBANEZ RGA42FM
Strings: Elixir Nanoweb 9-42
AMP'S: Peavey Vyper
Effects: Zoom G3
Its a locking nut that still ensures the original nut stays in position right?

I wouldnt know what they are called or how to search for them but its quite a good concept.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
Its a locking nut that still ensures the original nut stays in position right?

I wouldnt know what they are called or how to search for them but its quite a good concept.

bingo thats what it does but have no clue what its called or who sells them...
Where did you find this picture? That'd be a great place to start your search. Looks like a great idea, make you post on here anything you find! I wanna know more...
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Damn it. Now I gotta get a set myself. I'll leave a post if I do find out what it is exactly.
Good luck finding something like that. They haven't used that type of locking nut since probably the late 80's.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by xxxxChrisTxxxx

Nah it's not one of them, they're just regular type locking nuts made by gotoh.

The only thing I can find on this thing is someone linking an image of one on sevenstring website from 2010. Really wanna find this.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
Nah it's not one of them, they're just regular type locking nuts made by gotoh.

The only thing I can find on this thing is someone linking an image of one on sevenstring website from 2010. Really wanna find this.

that is how i found this picture... but its the only picture i have found, i so want one of these now... i have tried Google search using every name i think it could be.... an nothing
Quote by Monster212
that is how i found this picture... but its the only picture i have found, i so want one of these now... i have tried Google search using every name i think it could be.... an nothing

Yeah I googled every name too, lets hope someone could enlighten us...
Staggered locking tuners and a graphite lubed bone nut will do just as good as that thing, if not better. That break angle over the nut pretty extreme. The less string tension on the nut, the better off you'll be if you're using a trem.
I asked the guy who posted the photo if he could give me more information about it.

Kahler makes behind-the-nut string locks and has for years, but I don't think Kahler made that one (I haven't seen on with a string tree like that...). If you want one of their current behind-the-nut string locks, check with www.wammiworld.com. Still available.

I have several guitars with Kahler Flip-Lock behind the nut locks (most date from the 80's). Unfortunately Kahler discontinued them and ran out of old stock a couple of years ago. But you might be able to hunt one down, particularly if someone's got an old neck that they're getting rid of that had one. I love 'em.

On my guitars these work easily as well as the Floyd locking nuts (and look cleaner as well).
Last edited by dspellman at May 18, 2013,
BTW, my money is on the OP's photo belonging to one of the old early '80's Stratocaster Elites.
They ground through several variants of behind the nut locks, most (if not all) Kahler items.