ive google it .. most thread were like 4 years old ...

is there a tracking device a company .. that offer GPS tracking of a guitar or amp .

Ive heard so many stolen guitar , , gear .. i was wondering if GPS tracking existed . kinda of a micro chip that could be track . Or if a company offered that service ( the same service they offer for car .

this kind of security would be worth it for anyone traveling with expensive guitar .

i dont wanna carry my les paul everywhere in the city cause i never know when it gonna get stolen .

is there a company or something that could be put in the cavity of the guitar and track by gps .

its 2013 .. teechnology is getting smaller and smaller . they should make something .

anyone heard ?
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Worried some one is gonna steal your guitars?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The only way I see this as a viable option for a musical instrument would be that a tamper proof system would have to disable the instrument if you tried to remove it. Making it pointless to steal in the first place. A vehicle factory GPS locator ( like low Jack) disables the vehicle because it can be hardwired into ignition systems etc. A guitar you could just take it off.
Guitars and Motorcycles
Personally I think that instrument insurance is a better option. It's cheaper and you'll definitely get a replacement if you get mugged.

Learn Wing Chun or Mauy Thai too. Or take up running or something.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at May 18, 2013,
i remember reading a while back there was some kind of chip you could put in your guitar. I can't remember who made it, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
IIRC Carvin was putting chips in their guitars...

Yup. Here it is. http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/SNG1
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.