Page 1 of 2
Vendetta V
The Creep
668 IQ
Talking about some cheap pieces of gear that you got and were quite impressed. Anything goes!

I myself got really impressed with the FAB flanger. To be honest, it does a perfect job for me, the bypass is pretty fine on this thingamajig too making it a great bang for the buck. Not the most versatile/flexible but still's a pretty' darn goo' thingamajig.

PS. I do realize this might have been done before, but not feeling like necrobumpin, besides definitely wanting to start a conversation with you people. Cheers
ne14t
210 IQ
Grolsch pop top beer bottle seals as strap locks, a 4 pack is like $11 but you get two sets of strap locks and four beers outta the deal, not too bad.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike
250 IQ
Ibanez DE7, fantastic sounding delay.

Behringer US600, cheap as ****, shitty bypass but tracks as good as the PS5 add an expression pedal you got yourself a whammy.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Chromex
374 IQ
Quote by Guitar0player
Behringer US600, cheap as ****, shitty bypass but tracks as good as the PS5 add an expression pedal you got yourself a whammy.

Thanks for the tip!
Quote by wizards?
I want to buy a 7 string guitar, and tune it to Cabbage.

That was on topic, I swear.
H4T3BR33D3R
Hater by Trade EST. 1990s
350 IQ
FAB chorus and FAB overdrive. Sweet deal.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
250 IQ
The fab flanger is awesome it is incredibly underrated .
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
jameswilddev
10 IQ
Agreed on the US600, though I'd argue with any of the Behringer units avoid using the footswitch. It's a standard tactile switch with a big chunk of foam on top. It seems to work, but I imagine that it can't be that great if you're even moderately heavy on footswitches. Looks like there's an IC right next to it, wouldn't gamble on it sticking around if the board flexed.
Carl21221
70 IQ
Joyo Vintage Overdrive... £30 for something THAT good... Tightens up metal rhythms/leads and also gives smooth drive tones when added to a clean signal. A mainstay on my pedalboard!
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
DannyV783
30 IQ
I bought a beer bottle cap pickup that attaches at the strap lock and sticks on the body with sticky tack(although I had to replace it with tape.) but it was great for my old Gibson lg2 that I didn't want to drill a hole in for a pu.

works pretty good for 50 bucks and it was cool cause you could move it around the soundboard for different tones. Not sure who makes it but it was pretty dirty sounding gave a good bluesy tone
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
110 IQ
Generic Flunitrazepam...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Vendetta V
The Creep
668 IQ
Quote by Guitar0player
Ibanez DE7, fantastic sounding delay.

Nice, I kind of liked the videos on youtube on US600

Might grab me one sometimes in the future. Although I got whammy but having another pitch shifter for other effects might be cool.

I got a behringer octaver which is not really good at tracking but I kind of like the artifacts, it's in the true bypass loop so that also solves the bad bypass.

Quote by losing battle
The fab flanger is awesome it is incredibly underrated .

talking from my heart
rushingaway
30 IQ
Nux time core use it for digital delay and reverse for band setup and use the looper for acoustic setup
cha33 armstrong
185 IQ
Bad monkey actually alright
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Vendetta V
The Creep
668 IQ
Quote by rushingaway
Nux time core use it for digital delay and reverse for band setup and use the looper for acoustic setup

I have a Nux amp which was a modeler amp, that died for no reason, was thinking some guys at a local radio electronics store might be able to fix it up but never really got arsed to take it there
JackSaints
Titleless Peasant
100 IQ
Behringer Ultra Fuzz I was given...surprisingly, it actually does what it's supposed to do, which is weird for a Behringer
I don't use it anymore but you can get some OK sounds out of it
I have nothing important to say
harrisonatsix
134 IQ
Mooer orange 90 is a fantastic little phaser for the £35 i paid for it, does everything i could need although i did need to castrate it (take off it's knob) so I didn't keep changing it with my foot
Last edited by harrisonatsix at May 19, 2013,
ExDementia
UG Freak
80 IQ
We used a cheap ass Behringer Xenyx 8 channel mixer when recording our album and it gave us no problems. We had one lying around and were meaning to buy a more expensive one once we started recording, but we were testing out mic placement on the drumset in some test recordings and it just worked great. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
tas38
UG's Michael Westen
110 IQ
Dan'o Fish n' Chips is pretty good in my opinion. It isn't that cheap (used for 40 plus shipping) but I think the Digidelay is amazing as well. Fab Chorus isn't bad. BBE AM-64 is nice Marshall box. Very crunchy. Even better with a little mod.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Vendetta V
The Creep
668 IQ
Quote by tas38
Dan'o Fish n' Chips is pretty good in my opinion. It isn't that cheap (used for 40 plus shipping) but I think the Digidelay is amazing as well. Fab Chorus isn't bad. BBE AM-64 is nice Marshall box. Very crunchy. Even better with a little mod.

oh forgot about the other dano. Their EQ is pretty good. like srsly good. hehe and it's really sturdy too!
gregs1020
Hi mom!
1,160 IQ
Quote by Vendetta V
Talking about some cheap pieces of gear that you got and were quite impressed. Anything goes!

$140 for guitar.

shipping and fees were $185.

still blows me away though, stupid nice guitar for what i paid.
I K0nijn I
110 IQ
I got an RG7321 for 100 euros and a Randall cab for free and they're both great pieces of gear.
Mayones Regius
Gibson SG
Fender CS Telecaster
Kemper Profiler
jorgeluisramon
10 IQ
Was going to buy an MXR 10-band EQ and they had at the store the dano fish n chips EQ. It's all plastic but wow, sound is really good for such a tiny unit ( and tiny price hehe) less than the third of the price of the MXR and makes its stand on my rig. Reliability? I don t know; I've had it for 10 days. Until now no problems but great sound.
anguskilminster
20 IQ
I've got one of the Dano Pepperoni phasers, one pot, does what it say on the tin, cost me £15 off ebay, inc. postage. Quite a subtle sound, but probably all the better for that :-)
My Gear:- A guitar, a guitar lead, a guitar amplifier. Or sometimes just an acoustic guitar!
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
110 IQ
Quote by darkwolf291

Thanks for noticing, thought that one slipped by...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Jhachey22
Bαnned on the Run
322 IQ
The Boss Blues driver is probably one of the best all around boosters out there. It's got tons of highs for a treble boost, the higher gain settings aren't too bad with the tone rolled off, and it's got loads of output. You can find them all day on craigslist/kijiji for $50-$60, and beat the pants off of a TS9.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
cha33 armstrong
185 IQ
Quote by Ippon
$70 Squier '51

In love with that thing, probably great for a cheap ass nirvana cover band
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Vendetta V
The Creep
668 IQ
Quote by gregs1020

$140 for guitar.

shipping and fees were $185.

still blows me away though, stupid nice guitar for what i paid.

Quote by Ippon
$70 Squier '51

this thread needs more pictures! I'll post some later cause the ones I got right now are really HUGE

Also I just remembered. 1spot. That hting is only 25 dollars and yet does perfect job really! Been supersatisfied with it!
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
238 IQ
Joyo Ultimate Drive. I've got other more expensive overdrives on my board that I feel obliged to use, but I can't bring myself to remove the Joyo because it just sounds so good!

Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Linkerman
UG's Tony Stark
1,151 IQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone.

Affordable, but sounds infinitely better than most chorus pedals, even the ones costing 2 or 3 times more. Sold an MXR M134 Stereo Chorus to buy the Small Clone after trying one and noticing how good it sounds.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at May 20, 2013,
darkwolf291
Hookers and Blow
130 IQ
Quote by Linkerman
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone.

Affordable, but sounds infinitely better than most chorus pedals, even the ones costing 2 or 3 times more. Sold an MXR M134 Stereo Chorus to buy the Small Clone after trying one and noticing how good it sounds.

My Waterfall sounds better.
I've tried dozens of chorus pedals, and the Waterfall is the best one I've ever tried.
Linkerman
UG's Tony Stark
1,151 IQ
Quote by darkwolf291
My Waterfall sounds better.
I've tried dozens of chorus pedals, and the Waterfall is the best one I've ever tried.

It also costs more than 3 times the price of a Small Clone (£219 vs. £61).
And it sounds different than the Small Clone, not necessarily better. IMHO, it's overpriced as hell.

FYI, the best chorus i've ever tried was the aNaLoG.MaN Bi-Chorus/Mini Chorus.

But all of this (including your post) is completely irrelevant to this thread.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Vendetta V
The Creep
668 IQ
Quote by Linkerman

It also costs more than 3 times the price of a Small Clone (£219 vs. £61).
And it sounds different than the Small Clone, not necessarily better. IMHO, it's overpriced as hell.

FYI, the best chorus i've ever tried was the aNaLoG.MaN Bi-Chorus/Mini Chorus.

But all of this (including your post) is completely irrelevant to this thread.

that is true. I doubt you'd be expecting less than what you got for 219 pounds.

actually, I'm now considering of creating a new thread called Expensive things that didn't get the job done the way you expected!
gregs1020
Hi mom!
1,160 IQ
Quote by Vendetta V
I'm now considering of creating a new thread called Expensive things that didn't get the job done the way you expected!

that's basically going to disintegrate quickly into a hate thread.
l3p4rd
ponx
20 IQ
I have an Ibanez TS-5 that I've just always had, no idea where I aquired it but they go for about 30 bucks on eBay (or did) and I think they sound better than ts9's to my ears.

I've boosted so many amps with it and it always does a great job. The switch doesn't always latch unless you hit it near the bottom though which is a common problem with them.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Page 1 of 2