I play on a Blackstar HT-60 2x12 tube amp... and it sounds amazing at the music shop... at our practice area... but at home... it sounds HORRIBLE even at a higher volume level >_<... I don't understand??? Should I buy a smaller amp for in home practice?
Yep, your room is a resonant chamber just like the cabinet. Different shapes, placements, wall materials, sizes, all make differences to the final tone.
yeah, buy a new house.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what you really need is a new amp

no but seriously get a new house
Last edited by xasq at May 18, 2013,
No, but it affects the way you perceive the way your amp sounds. Try angling your amp in different directions.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
No, but it affects the way you perceive the way your amp sounds. Try angling your amp in different directions.

This.
Not only the room, but everything in the room can affect the sound you hear.
Even your closet, door open or closed can have an affect on the sound.
Quote by CodeMonk
This too.
Not only the room, but everything in the room can affect the sound you hear.
Even your closet, door open or closed can have an affect on the sound.
This.
The subject of a future NAD post is sitting in my closet right now because of volume, but also because all my GFs clothes and shoes and crap make for a very good sound space with very little reverberation.