Anybody had any luck finding a decent sound that kind of sounds like the apetite for destruction guns n roses guitarist slash? But a cheaper way of doing it than spending thousands of dollars?
The new Slash 5 watt Marshall it is like $700ish new

Buy a used JCM800 combo <$900ish and a Ibanez TS-9
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The new Slash 5 watt Marshall it is like $700ish new

Buy a used JCM800 combo <$900ish and a Ibanez TS-9

thanks for quick response, ill check those out
Dunno if they ship to the USA, but these guys (or gals, I've never met them) do pickups that are meant to sound like Slash's.

http://www.axetec.co.uk/guitar_parts_uk_103.htm

Of course they aren't official Slash replicas/signiture, but at the price they may be worth a go.

And the teSLA SHark name is also kinda clever...
Gear
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
DigiTech XDD DigiDelay
Cort Z22 Zenox with IronGear Alchemist 90 pickups
Ibanez Talman TCY50
Stagg BC300 Bass

I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay.
Quote by GNR1010
Anybody had any luck finding a decent sound that kind of sounds like the apetite for destruction guns n roses guitarist slash? But a cheaper way of doing it than spending thousands of dollars?

All depends what your budget is. The above recommended amps, overdrive and a set of alnico pro II's may already get you to a grand.

How much have you got to spend
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at May 18, 2013,
Quote by fburns
Dunno if they ship to the USA, but these guys (or gals, I've never met them) do pickups that are meant to sound like Slash's.

http://www.axetec.co.uk/guitar_parts_uk_103.htm

Of course they aren't official Slash replicas/signiture, but at the price they may be worth a go.

And the teSLA SHark name is also kinda clever...

Cannot recommend these pickups highly enough. I had a set of these in an epi les paul and they sounded just as good as my other epi with the genuine slash pickups in