Posted this in the guitar gear forum but I don't think that gets much run-by. So since I'm gearing this thread towards gear for bass, I figure this might be an acceptable place to ask.

I'm a bass player and just getting into the pedal world.
I'm looking for a good, versatile envelope filter.

I've owned the Boss AW-3 and it served its purpose until it crapped out on me. I wasn't really attached to it so I'm looking to buy up.
The ones I've looked at so far that seem alright are:
BassIQ triple envelope
Dunlop MXR m-82
Q-tron
Q-balls

I like the idea of the BassIQ and MXR for their slim design as I plan on building a pedal board and I know space is key. But I'm willing to sacrifice space for versatility.

Anyone speak to the nature of these pedals?
I have no budget so whatever you guys want to add or suggest, I would like to look at.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
I have two envelope filters my pedal board. The mxr envelope and the source audio bef. Both are are awesome pedals and will most likely be on my board for a very long time. Definitely look into source audio soundblox pedals three different versions going up in price and each one is top of the line for their respective price grouping. They are the number one pedals I recommend to any looking for a envelope filter.
How do you like the MXR? I hear it tends to be on the wetter side.
Ive seen the Soundblox stuff before. I was under the impression that you needed the hot hand to operate any of them..zz...
But yeah looks like a decent product.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Tbh, if you're concerned about space, I'd look into the EHX DrQ. Easy to use, cheap and small. I've got one and it serves its purpose perfectly.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
I had seen that and didn't like the lack of customization of sound on it.
On that list, I think the BassIQ gives the most customization of sound for the amnt of space it takes up.
Quote by Banjocal
Quote by King Of Suede
How do you like the MXR? I hear it tends to be on the wetter side.
Ive seen the Soundblox stuff before. I was under the impression that you needed the hot hand to operate any of them..zz...
But yeah looks like a decent product.

Yeah the mxr can give some pretty solid wet filter sounds on it but it serves its purpose well on my board for a different preset filter. The soundblox pedals don't need a hot hand to work them and they are some awsome pedals. They come with like 21 preset filters and you can alter each one to your liken. The hot hand is fun i do have one and it is very fun but the source audio pedals are incredible by themselves.
Literally minutes after I posted this thread here, someone posted in the gear forum and now I'm hooked on the MF101. pls halp my bank account.

But real, I think I'll go for that.
Quote by Banjocal
Well; there are a few good ones out there. MXR's M120 Auto Q is quite versatile and built like a tank, which is nice. If you just want to make exceedingly weird sounds (such as making you bass sound like a talking alien robot), take a look at DigiTech's Bass Synth Wah. It has presents for that stuff, so you don't have to tweak the knobs if you don't want to. If you want to spend some cash and want that classic '70s envelope filter sound, HAZ Laboratories makes a pretty good recreation of the legendary Mu-Tron III. It goes for about US$250.00 when you can find one. And don't rule out the EBS BassIQ. Not a lot of places carry EBS stuff, but it is definitely first-rate and solidly made.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Thanks again for your input, guys.
I decided to put some money down on the Mooger Fooger. It'll be here next Thursday
Will also be getting a new bass around the same time so I might make a HNGD thread for both!
Quote by Banjocal