I bought a Jackson X-Series DX10D today.

It has:
reverse headstock
maple neck
rosewood fretboard
feels the same weight as my Ibanez so I'm gonna guess Basswood body (although I am not experienced enough to guess wood by weight)
EDIT: The tone is warmer than my bright basswood Ibanez so maybe I'd guess mahogany?
24 frets with sharkfin inlays
Duncan Designed bridge/neck humbucker pickups
Jackson LFR tremolo bridge

I rescued it from a pawnshop for $220 (could have talked it down to $200 even, but they were asking for $289 and I am rather inexperienced with haggling) with a gig bag but without a tremolo arm. If you're thinking of getting me a birthday present, there it is.

Compared to my Ibanez, the Dinky has a lot thicker neck which is not as shreddy but I feel like I have more control. The piece of wood feels solid, the tuners feel a little stiff but that might be better with the floyd, and I will tell you about the tremolo when I get that arm.

Sorry about the crappy camerawork.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Last edited by jjfeu662 at May 22, 2013,
Happy NGD!
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Jackson uses a lot of alder, might be that. I think only the DX's have basswood? ehh

HNGD!
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
HNGD.

What you've got there is a DX10D, so you were right in guessing basswood. Here's your exact model in the 2006 Jackson catalogue.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?content%2FGuitar_catalog_scans%2FJackson_Charvel%2F2006_Jackson%2FJack2006Page24.jpg

I'm not sure how old yours is, but I think the model was introduced sometime around 2000 and discontinued a couple of years ago when they introduced the new, revamped X-series.

Enjoy your new axe.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
HNGD.

What you've got there is a DX10D, so you were right in guessing basswood. Here's your exact model in the 2006 Jackson catalogue.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?content%2FGuitar_catalog_scans%2FJackson_Charvel%2F2006_Jackson%2FJack2006Page24.jpg

I'm not sure how old yours is, but I think the model was introduced sometime around 2000 and discontinued a couple of years ago when they introduced the new, revamped X-series.

Enjoy your new axe.

So apparently I got an awesome deal on it. They're $400 new and I got it for $220 with a gig bag.

The people on UG reviewing it say Alder body. They're noobs? Or did they make a new one for the new X series?

Also would these numbers stamped on the screw plate mean anything? 00102049
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662
So apparently I got an awesome deal on it. They're $400 new and I got it for $220 with a gig bag.

The people on UG reviewing it say Alder body. They're noobs? Or did they make a new one for the new X series?

Also would these numbers stamped on the screw plate mean anything? 00102049

They might have changed wood at some point during the run. I'm fairly sure that they at least changed the factory building them - IIRC the early ones were Indian, but then they moved them to Japan. I don't suppose there's anything on it that tells you where it was built?

As for the serial number, they're pretty difficult to decode. There's some guys on the JCF who might be able to work it out, but I don't have a clue.
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Looking for whammy bar: Are all floyd-style bars compatible? I'm trying to combine it with straplock buttons in a $16 budget (money I have left over from guitar purchase), or should I wait until I get more money for my birthday tomorrow?
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662
Looking for whammy bar: Are all floyd-style bars compatible? I'm trying to combine it with straplock buttons in a $16 budget (money I have left over from guitar purchase), or should I wait until I get more money for my birthday tomorrow?

Not all bars are compatible.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
^ +1

i imagine jcf could tell you what replacement might fit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For some reason I didn't get a confirmation email from JCF. I think it's a JT585 so I could buy a genuine one for $15.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Hngd,
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Quote by Fumble fingers
thats bad ass !! .... is the Dinky simular size to a Ibanez Mikro ??

hi
It's a full-sized guitar
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
^ yeah- but the dinky body is a little smaller (1/8 IIRC) than a soloist. but yeah it's a full-sized guitar.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah- but the dinky body is a little smaller (1/8 IIRC) than a soloist. but yeah it's a full-sized guitar.

The soloist and dinky are exactly the same shape. They're both 7/8ths the size of a standard strat.
oh ok I knew it was 7/8 as big as something
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hngd! I used to have the same one in red, loved it. Hope you enjoy it!!
"Any statement beginning with the words 'In truth' is almost always a lie."

The Legion
Anyone know what size allen wrenches I need for this? I'm trying to buy as much as possible with a $50 budget and figured buying the 2 wrenches would be cheaper than a whole set.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

dunno if it gives the info in there or not, but it might. if it doesn't, i have no idea
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just double checked my JT580LP, the string locks and posts take a 3mm and the intonation adjustment needs 2.5mm.
Apparently it's a 2000 Made in India and worth half I paid.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA