This summer I'm going to buy an amp and was considering one of the blackstar ht amps but I've heard mixed reviews. Some people say it has a solid-stated sound to it. And that is something I definitely don't want. I also heard that the HT actually means "Hybrid Technologies" and the amps are a combination of solid state and tube amps.

Just wondering if any of you have any thoughts/experience.
Thanks in advance!
What is your budget and sound that you are after?

Home or gig? List some bands you want a similar spin too.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
I suspect that is what the HT stands for too because there is a lot of SS stuff in there. I thought the HT5 sounded quite good for slide on a tele but otherwise I wasn't really that impressed.

But really, this is what we need:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by R45VT
What is your budget and sound that you are after?

Home or gig? List some bands you want a similar spin too.

Well I'm looking for a head and cab that I could get used (or new if possible) for around $1,000. And both home use and smaller gigs.

As far as bands, stuff like AC/DC to Ozzy Osbourne all the way up to Megadeth and Metallica. But in planning on buying a distortion pedal for the heavier stuff. I just want something with a pretty good clean sound and a good tube overdrive sound
I purchased the HT-50 Head and cab and i'm beyond in love with the tone. I play with a pretty straight JCM 800 style tone, and the Blackstar does a great job at it. It is a all tube head, 2xECC83, 2xEL34 tubes. The cleans are beautiful too, the drive on the clean allows a crunchier tone if you want it as well. I spent just over $1000 on it and would highly recommend it. I play pop/punk but it can satisfy most genres well, does great in high gain as well as just a crunch tone. I don't often use pedals with it, but it does have an effects loop if you want. Definitely give it a try if you can, love mine, so versatile.
Quote by skater5thg
I purchased the HT-50 Head and cab and i'm beyond in love with the tone. I play with a pretty straight JCM 800 style tone, and the Blackstar does a great job at it. It is a all tube head, 2xECC83, 2xEL34 tubes. The cleans are beautiful too, the drive on the clean allows a crunchier tone if you want it as well. I spent just over $1000 on it and would highly recommend it. I play pop/punk but it can satisfy most genres well, does great in high gain as well as just a crunch tone. I don't often use pedals with it, but it does have an effects loop if you want. Definitely give it a try if you can, love mine, so versatile.

2 83's is a tell tale sign its hybrid for its level of gain.

For 1K you can do better than an HT. something that doesn't have an equivalent of a pedal built into it.

I'm drunk as a skunk so I will leave the recommendations to someone else.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Before all the technical talk, I want to stress the obvious: use your ears.

I own an HT-5 and an HT-60 Stage. Both are great. I'm not an electronics guy so I cannot give specifics as to what components are solid state and what are tube. Regarding my experience with the HT-60, which is a 2x12 combo (loud as hell), the tone is great. Have you seen the demos Blackstar puts out of their amps? They're accurate. If you like those sounds, you'll like the amp, plain and simple.

Here's what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAiwfQoEu1c
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Two 12ax7's and you think it's all tube? Yeah right. One for the phase inverter leaves one for the entire preamp - what do you think it is? An old blues amp? You aint getting that level of gain out of a single 12AX7 without a big solid state boost up its arse and/or some SS diode clipping.
It's a hybrid, man. Accept it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Two 12ax7's and you think it's all tube? Yeah right. One for the phase inverter leaves one for the entire preamp - what do you think it is? An old blues amp? You aint getting that level of gain out of a single 12AX7 without a big solid state boost up its arse and/or some SS diode clipping.

x300,000,000

BlackStar still denies that they aren't all tube. That's the part that gets me.

They sOund decent, albeit not great. Even can't walk drunk I'd piss on one. **** BS and their lies.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
I have to say that upon first listen Blackstar does sound relatively good. However, once you get used to it and start cranking it, the amp sounds fizzy and to me I can hear the difference between this and an all tube amp. The break-up is just different.

Like Cath was referencing there is just no way you are going to get those high levels of gain out of this am considering there tube section. Don't get me wrong, I actually owned one, but as soon as I got used to it I wanted to get rid of it. I tend to see people all over CL that have bought these and then cannot get rid of them. Generally its because there are a lot better amps out there for the price range. Heck there was even a guy selling an HT60 loaded with V30's for $450 USD.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by Cathbard

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?