I started playing guitar 2 months ago, and I know a lot of solos halfway (Domination, Mr Crowley, Cowboys from Hell), but what surprises me is I can play the Under A Glass Moon solo smoothly and up to speed for the first 14 seconds, is that good for someone with 2 months of half assed practice?
alright i'll save everyone else the trouble here and take care of you

you're spouting complete bullshit until you post a video example of yourself doing it, because you want to make yourself sound way better than you really are and/or you simply play ****ing terrible versions of the songs you've listed

if you have been playing for two months (slick use of "half assed" to make yourself sound even more like a prodigy, thanks for gracing these boards btw) you're not playing any part of that solo well, especially the part you've listed because the blues lick that comes after those 14 seconds is probably the easiest one in the solo

again i invite you to post a video, and until then worry less about becoming the john holmes of internet penis and more on knowing what you're doing
Aren't you the nicest! I said the part before the 14th second, with the crazy descending alternate picking run from Low E to High E. I will post a video just for you ****ing candy ass, I come here for constructive thoughts and I find your bitch ass complaning.
It' 2:26 AM, I will post it tomorrow, I may have started it off sounding arrogant and such, but the Under A Glass Moon has a lot of techniques, so I will post it tomorrow, as with only 2 months of practice. Sorry again if I sounded arrogant lol...
One thing I can't seem to grasp for the life of me is 0:11-0:13, god damn it petrucci, act human for once ._.....But i guess with time and practice everything will come.
alright let's go through this again bit by bit since larger sentences seem to bamboozle you
Quote by Destiny Ruin
I said the part before the 14th second, with the crazy descending alternate picking run from Low E to High E.

Quote by Destiny Ruin
I can play the Under A Glass Moon solo smoothly and up to speed for the first 14 seconds

alright so you've already lied, which one's the case

i'm telling you that if you've been playing "half assed" for 2 months, you are 100% not making it past the Emaj7 arpeggio 5 seconds into the solo. this is no different than what i stated initially, just more specifc

also, some definitions for you: descending in this context means "going down". you'd start from a high E and descend, cause if you're on the low E you have nowhere to descend to. you're welcome.
Quote by Destiny Ruin
I will post a video just for you ****ing candy ass, I come here for constructive thoughts and I find your bitch ass complaning.

so are you tough now, calling me a candy ass? what does that accomplish other than proving that i ruffled your sensitive feathers by taking the wind out of the sails of your showboat?

let's get two other things straight:

1. you didn't come here looking for "constructive criticism" because you provided nothing to critique. you simply came in saying "HERE'S A LIST OF SOLOS THAT ARE IMMENSELY DIFFICULT FOR A GUITARIST OF 2 MONTHS AND I CAN PLAY AT LEAST PARTS OF THEM, AM I REALLY GOOD AT THE GUITAR NOW?"

2. i'm not "complaining", i'm challenging you to back up a claim that's quite simply bullshit. your claim is bullshit, yes, but i'll await that video, after which i'll tell you your claim is bullshit with video evidence to help me.

cool? cool.
Last edited by :-D at May 19, 2013,
Quote by Destiny Ruin
It' 2:26 AM, I will post it tomorrow, ...

You can only play for 14 seconds, whats the hold up?
Last edited by innovine at May 19, 2013,
i'm not responding to anything else btw, because i will consider any response greater than 14 seconds' worth of typing to be stall tactics on your part

flame on
@TS:

Quit trying to prove you have a big e-penis. After 2 months, you probably can barely play barre chords, let alone complicated solos.
Quote by Jehannum
Anyone tell me how to get his tone? Anyone got a link to his Master Of Puppets vid?

His tone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XejLGKJyX2U

No Master of Puppets cover but Enter Sandman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJa5CCSc3KM
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Destiny Ruin
I come here for constructive thoughts and I find your bitch ass complaning.

You must be new to this internet thing, because that's exactly the reaction you'll get anytime you try to brag about something without something to back it up with. Don't believe me? Then I challenge you to post the exact same OP in the pit. Bet they won't even be as eloquent as smiley.

Quote by Jehannum
Anyone tell me how to get his tone? Anyone got a link to his Master Of Puppets vid?

Sure thing, find a piece of shit ibanez 12watt practice amp, set the gain/bass/treble/volume to 10 & mid to 0 cuz that's exactly how "Hetfield" does it
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
Quote by Destiny Ruin
It' 2:26 AM, I will post it tomorrow

alright it's 2:26 AM once again, so "tomorrow" has officially come and gone

you've now had 24 hours, or 86,400 seconds, to post a video. the clip we requested was 14 seconds long, so in the course of a day you had (rounding down) 6,171 14-second stretches to record the solo. i'm asking for 1/6,171, or .016% of your day, to help you prove you're not completely full of shit

you've failed to devote .016% of your day to helping your case, so hopefully all of the above statistics will help to fully demonstrate the magnitude of the bullshit you claimed to be true and got so defensive about. pretty epic, isn't it?

oh i forgot this, sorry. cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RaAgI7eZMg
Last edited by :-D at May 20, 2013,
Just keep on practicing. If you are only doing half-assed practice, you will sound half-assed. I think maybe you are starting to realise this since you're not putting up a video. Just keep on at it, try do a bit better than half-assed if you ever want to be good. Its not a bad idea to video yourself every couple of months, and compare, as you will clearly see your own progress. But for gods sake keep it private and don't ask the internet if it thinks you are good.
Last edited by innovine at May 20, 2013,
TS, I would be impressed if you could play a song with open chords with good timing and strumming pattern after 2 months. Changing chords quickly and getting a fluid strumming motion are often the first big hurdles a guitarist has to conquer.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud