I've been saving money to get a Mustang for a while now, but now that I have it I don't know if I should get a '65 reissue or one of those new Kurt Cobain models. I've heard from people that the reissues are better in terms of construction, but I really despise the colors available; while the Kurt Cobain colors are eye candy for me.

Still, I'm not sure about the humbucker in the bridge. Does anyone have any experience with the SD SH-4 in terms of clean tones? I RARELY crank the distortion when playing with my band, I just use it when we are playing covers, otherwise I just use a little bit of crunch. Do you think the humbucker is bright enough to pull off pristine maj7 chords for a post rock band?

thanks
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Yes
But if you despise the colours of a normal one, why not hit up ebay? Surely there will be plenty of mustangs available that are somewhat attractive to you? Might find a nice MIJ or something, they've made just about everything
Try building your own from parts on Ebay. Theoretically you could assemble the wood from a pre-CBS model and fit modern electronics/hardware on it for about the same price.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I will try any of those alternative guys, thanks!

Does anyone else know an answer to my question about the pickups? Thanks!
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Quote by Svennz
Do you think the humbucker is bright enough to pull off pristine maj7 chords for a post rock band?

thanks

While I do not have the knowledge to know exactly what you are describing ... I DO have a Strat Style guitar made by AXL in which I just installed a JB at the bridge. It sounds great and is plenty bright. The JB is definitely more bright in my AXL than it was in my LTD Eclipse. I typically end up rolling the tone back a bit. And although it's definitely brighter, it still has all the clarity, definition and range as you expect from the JB. Personally I like it.