Basically I'm very much interested in knowing of some good beginner - intermediate rumba / flamenco music. I feel my technique is more than up to par to tackle most things thrown at me.
I don't really know any artists in these genre's so I'm hoping some of you guys will.
I'm open to all recommendations and will definitely check out anything you guys can link me.

Thanks in advance
I only know the gypsy kings from the top of my head.. Check them out if you don't already know them.

Good luck amigo.

Also, what is it that triggered your interest in this genre, taken the fact that you don't know any artists associated with that particular genre?
baab
Last edited by My Last Words at May 19, 2013,
Quote by My Last Words
Also, what is it that triggered your interest in this genre, taken the fact that you don't know any artists associated with that particular genre?

I started studying sound engineering like 4-5months ago and the facilities are full of guitars for all the musicians etc . It's a lot easier to grab a classical guitar and start jamming opposed to an electric obviously.. So i jam pretty much every day i have class whether it be for like 5 minutes or an hour or whatever and i just kind of got into it.. One of the first days i was improvising and came up with this cool Spanish sounding lick,
then got home, started Youtubing Spanish / flamenco music, learnt the E phrygian dominant scale and ever since i learnt that scale i kind of fell in love with the genre haha. Now i hardly ever pick up my electric anymore and yeah that's pretty much that.
So i guess long story short learning a scale was a gateway to the genre for me.
I guess i also get pretty sick of hearing dozens of guitarists every day sitting in the hallways playing the same boring scales and tunes I've heard 1000 times before. I guess everyone's musical tastes always change. Being that until recently i played almost exclusively heavy metal for 4 years or so it's a pretty unexpected change for me also. Every time i play now people always smile and commend me on how nice it sounds cos especially in Australia almost noone plays the genre so it's different and i enjoy it a lot. Feels good to make people smile etc etc

And i shall now check out those songs thank you
Last edited by vayne92 at May 19, 2013,