Hi guys ^_^

I'm trying to play Everybody hurts by Avril Lavigne on my guitar, but I can't really figure out the strums.

Can anyone help?
Last edited by marie.d.hojlu at May 19, 2013,
awh
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
As in the rhythm? I don't mean to be rude but... what help do you think we can actually give with that?

The best indication of the rhythm to that song is... to listen to that song. Just keep listening and practicing I guess.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
it's not that complicated

Yeah, TS..

Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?
up up up down
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

green green yellow blue yellow orange star power green yelow
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Sweep the shit out of it TS.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Who the **** plays Avril Lavigne on guitar?
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Avril Lavigne
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
thank you guys who actually gave me usefull answers ^_^
And to you others:
I'm sorry for being a noob... lol... I wrote here because I thought I would meet other nice dedicated people who would help a newbie. And I just get sh!t right in my face... Omg.. thank you! That's rly what I needed -.-
Play it in 16th notes. Strum down down down down so you get in sync with the rhythm. (if it's 4/4, I'd be shocked if it wasn't.) Then once you get comfortable continue with 16th notes but swap every other down stroke with an up stroke. So you're down up down up.

Now that you're in rhythm with your up and down strokes experiment with it. Take out one stroke, add a quarter note in etc. That's how I used to work out rhythm.

You'll get it too.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at May 19, 2013,
Quote by marie.d.hojlu
And to you others:
I'm sorry for being a noob... lol... I wrote here because I thought I would meet other nice dedicated people who would help a newbie. And I just get sh!t right in my face... Omg.. thank you! That's rly what I needed -.-

Watch some cover on youtube?
Quote by marie.d.hojlu
And to you others:

This is the off topic forum.
You did it wrong.
thank you Mephaphil I'll try that ^_^
And Arunas I already tried looking on youtube... But I'm just not that good yet hehe
Hydra150 Where else should I post it?
Lord_Doku I am a girl o_O And I don't do ballet lol o_O I just want to play the song, because I really like it you know... Everybody hurts somedays
Good luck ts, I remember first trying to play along to my favorite songs but I didn't start off with Avril.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by marie.d.hojlu

Hydra150 Where else should I post it?

Guitar Techniques
or maybe Musician Talk (but preferably the former)
Quote by marie.d.hojlu
And to you others:

There are other sub forums here for questions of that nature.
If you want to get a valid answer to any question, The Pit is not really the best place to ask.
Unless you want to know how many times other people masturbate to pictures of pandas.
Quote by marie.d.hojlu
I am a girl o_O And I don't do ballet lol o_O I just want to play the song, because I really like it

I am also a girl and I also don't do ballet, but I don't want to play the song so that's where the similarities end. I guess we can't be best friends forever.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
I am also a girl and I also don't do ballet, but I don't want to play the song so that's where the similarities end. I guess we can't be best friends forever.

That, and all the fact that all of the sexually frustrated boys on this site don't want pictures of your genitals.
Quote by Hydra150
That, and all the fact that all of the sexually frustrated boys on this site don't want pictures of your genitals.

Oh you.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.