So my Ja-90 telecaster currently has a seymour duncan soapbar P90 in the bridge, however I've grown to prefer the bite of a single coil pickup and I adore the bridge pickup in my 60's reissue tele.

So I was wondering if it is possible in any way, without too much effort, to fit this pickup http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_vintage_tele_pickup_bridge.htm in the bridge of the guitar?
i know you can get mounting rings that let you put a single coil in a humbucker slot, but I dunno if anyone makes one for a p90 slot...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yes, they are different than HB's and single coils
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Maybe you just need to find the right P90.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
What I'm looking for is a pickup with the punchiness and brightness of a single coil and less of the tight bassy sound that the current seymour duncan soapbar's are providing, however I think these are all just neutral traits of P90's
i wouldn't really call p90s tight (the ones i've tried, anyway), but yeah they do have their own bassy/warm type of tone.

a tapped p90 might work? bear in mind i haven't tried them, so I'm just guessing, but the tap would lower the output to bring it into more fender-single-coil-output territory, and then you could go back to full windings the odd time you wanted proper p90 tone.

and yeah p90s are a different size from humbuckers and single coils. i think they're (sorta) swappable with minihumbuckers, though (with the correct mounting rings).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i haven't tried any creamery pickups, but have heard good things

there are also cheaper handwound UK options from the likes of oil city, catswhisker and MoJo (in northern ireland, not the bigger mojo company which makes amp kits and the like). I've never tried them either, but again have heard good things.

I'm not sure i'd say humbuckers are less bassy than p90s- they're similarly warm and fat, but might have a tighter bass.

it's really hard to say without having tried either- in theory the humbucker one there you listed should sound more or less like a humbucker but in a p90 casing (so may sound more like a minihumbucker, i.e. less fat and more focussed/thinner), but having not tried them

the sonic six is made more like a fender-style single coil where the polepieces are actually the magnets (rather than in a regular p90 which uses bar magnets beneath the pickup, like a humbucker does), so again in theory should sound more like a fender-style single coil. How much more like one, again without having tried it, I dunno.

best bet would be to go out to a guitar shop, if you can at all, and try a bunch of different guitars with different pickups in them to get a sense of what you like and what you don't like, so you don't waste your money on something which might not do what you want.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?