I have this amp and I love it, particularly on the clean channel with the input gain just over half way
Only thing is I sometimes find the lead channel a bit lacking something, but the clean channel has enough crunch to handle most of what I play
Last edited by xnameisonx at May 19, 2013,
i don't think it's all-tube
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
most people who want a tube amp want a tube amp, i find. plus it might sound good in the shop, but 3 weeks down the line you might find yourself hearing something you don't like in the tone. of course, that might not necessarily happen, but it's worth bearing in mind.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
this caught my eye.

not all tube? you mean like a tubemesiter using diodes solid state for the lead boost channel?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
oh yeah....there is no way your getting that much gain, FX loop, tone stack, etc all running 1 preamp tube.

i mean jesus, lack of a phase inverter? there is some serious solid state circuitry driving most of that amp.

however, all of this is irrelevant if the amp sounds good. that is the goal. but this is not a "tube" amp....
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
^ yeah, that's pretty much what i'm going on. one preamp tube for a push-pull amp is pushing it even for a low gain, vintage style amp (you'd have to use a single triode paraphase PI or something like that). But for a modern amp with modern amounts of preamp gain/clipping/distortion and most likely a long-tail pair PI... yeah. Let's just say I'm sceptical that there's not some solid state stuff in there, be it clipping diodes, solid state PI, solid state gain stages, or a mixture of any or all of those.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Its not great.

For the same money you could get a 2nd hand screamer, which is one of the best amps you can get if you want a relatively high gain jack of all trades amp.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
yeah- i haven't tried the gigmaster, but the screamer is pretty nice.

or engl has that newer mini head coming out (ironball? something like that) which does seem to be tube. it's a lot more money, though. it's dear enough that one of the "regular" engls might just be a better idea.

or else just get one of the jet cities thomann is blowing out. just over half the price of the gigmaster, and actually all-tube? yes please.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?