Page 1 of 2
"Yes I'm already on my way." (I totally forgot about that and am still in my underpants)

"Sorry, gotta hang up, I got chicken on the stove" (I really have to take a dump)

"Hey man, nice to see you!" (I forgot you exist and was happier for it)

"Yeah, that was great!" (that was terrible and everyone knows it)

Go!
"Sorry about your loss." lalalala
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

"I'm not feeling well today"

(works for everything since there's currently a mini-dengue epidemic going around here)
cat
When talking with a devout religious person and you are an atheist: "I will pray for you"

What it actually means:
"You will burn in hell for eternity for your sins, you disgusting excuse for a human being."
Quote by blake1221
It wasn't me. (She caught me on camera)
It wasn't me. (She saw the marks on my shoulder)

You're a good person.
Quote by captainsnazz
More politeness than outright lying but all of this:

So basically, everything a Brit says has a meaning quite far from the words said? Just say what you mean. People aren't going to commit suicide over it.
^

"Thats not bad"

"Quite good"

"Very interesting"

Definitely have different meanings.
This thread is mediocre
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Cheers for the party, until next time !
*This party's horribly boring, best refrain from organizing them next time mate*
Quote by zackk
So basically, everything a Brit says has a meaning quite far from the words said? Just say what you mean. People aren't going to commit suicide over it.

You clearly don't get us British.
Quote by zackk
So basically, everything a Brit says has a meaning quite far from the words said?
Congratulations on catching up.
Just say what you mean. People aren't going to commit suicide over it.

It's called manners. Americans have none and call it "straight shooting" or some other stupid thing. You're a whole nation of people who claim "I tell it like it is" when what you mean is "I'm an asshole with no tact".
Answer one stereotype with another lol.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I can't say I've thought much differently about Britons and Americans in terms of manners and politeness. Is there really that much of a difference? One would think white lies are pretty universal.
REGGIE
Quote by willT08

It's called manners. Americans have none and call it "straight shooting" or some other stupid thing. You're a whole nation of people who claim "I tell it like it is" when what you mean is "I'm an asshole with no tact".

Lol, what are you even basing that off of? Some quotes from a movie?

That's not true at all, I wish it were more true actually. People are so fake with eachother, it makes it impossible to trust what somebody says.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Lol, what are you even basing that off of? Some quotes from a movie?

I was basing it on you specifically.
Quote by willT08

Your version of tact is being a pretentious, duplicitous twat?

That is a very bold proposition......
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by captainsnazz

Surprisingly accurate...

Aimed at the guys above, yes, this is English Manners. More southern England, the Northerners don't quite get it.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Last edited by Joeval at May 19, 2013,
Quote by willT08

Oh, sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry(what I hear about every five seconds when talking to an English person) Really, I have no problem with English people in general. Some of those sayings I can deal with, some are unnecessary, and some of them are complete lies. Certainly telling someone the truth is more polite, right? We're fake too, but not quite in the same way. I assure you that I'm more polite in a formal situation and would hope that you are too. On a side note, If you think we're a nation of assholes, you've not met the french
Quote by CoreysMonster
"Yes I'm already on my way." (I totally forgot about that and am still in my underpants)

"Sorry, gotta hang up, I got chicken on the stove" (I really have to take a dump)

"Hey man, nice to see you!" (I forgot you exist and was happier for it)

"Yeah, that was great!" (that was terrible and everyone knows it)

Go!

did you get this from a chain email or something?
Quote by willT08

You've never met a Minnesotan then, have you? People from the state of Minnesota tell polite lies all the time. Next thing you know, they're backstabbing you to the neighbors, all in a polite way, of course.

Anyway, most "straight shooters" know how to be polite more than an Englishmen who insults an entire country.
Quote by due 07
did you get this from a chain email or something?

No?

Those were just things I remembered I lied about recently.
Quote by captainsnazz

Awkwardly accurate.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
"We'll call you back" (I'm not going to hire you, you worthless piece of sh!t)

"Tastes good" (I'm gonna throw up)
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Last edited by jjfeu662 at May 19, 2013,
Quote by CoreysMonster
No?

Those were just things I remembered I lied about recently.

it read distinctly like a piece of chain mail my mother received in 1998
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by willT08

Okay, so you're NOT congratulating him on catching up. I see how it works.

Quote by willT08

So the English have no manners, you think Americans have all the manners and they don't call it "straight shooting" or some other clever thing. They're NOT a part nation of animals who imply "I tell it like it is" when what they don't mean is "I'm not an asshole and I have tact".

I get it Bizzaro Will, I get it.
"You look great in that dress" (I want to bang you so please take that dress off so we can bang)
"I have autism" (I don't have autism)

"I have OCD" (I don't like messy rooms)

"We may reconsider thinking about the possibility of maybe perhaps taking your application into further consideration in the near future, environmental factors permitting" (we aren't going to hire you)
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Okay, so you're NOT congratulating him on catching up. I see how it works.

So the English have no manners, you think Americans have all the manners and they don't call it "straight shooting" or some other clever thing. They're NOT a part nation of animals who imply "I tell it like it is" when what they don't mean is "I'm not an asshole and I have tact".

I get it Bizzaro Will, I get it.

Perfect except animals instead of humans. That's the same thing

EDIT: If Zackk had got back to me sooner I might have been bothered to carry on.
Last edited by willT08 at May 20, 2013,
Page 1 of 2