I have my Mock up for sale on a classifieds site, and a guy has offered his Japanese made Ibanez 540R in exchange for it. I know that the Mock Special is valued at about $500-700, but haven't been able to find a value for the 540R. Does anybody think this would be a fair trade? I like Japanese Ibanez's, and have been interested in trying a tremolo, and the original Edge it has seems good according to what I've read.

Here's a picture of it.

Last edited by Aftiel_TK at May 19, 2013,
While I wasn't able to find that exact finish, I found them on eBay that have sold anywhere for $300 up to $700. (most common price was about $450) If you're looking at it from an investment standpoint, it seems like a fair trade to me given what you said you paid for your current guitar.
Ibanez
Universe UV777 Signed by Steve Vai
Prestige RG2027X with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
mockingbird special x?

if so... i haven't tried that one (nor that exact ibanez, but i've tried a fair few MIJ ibanezes), but i'm guessing the ibanez is probably the better guitar. What the things are worth is a whole other thing, though (I have no idea about that), and obviously you need to check the ibanez is legit, in good condition, etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
An old school 80's Ibanez in good shape? I'd say around $600+.

You don't see the Radius series much anymore. I'd take that baby and never look back. Killer guitars.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.