I've waited tables and I think it's NOT a difficult job
15 11%
I've NOT waited tables I think and it's a difficult job
62 46%
I've NOT waited tables I think and it's NOT a difficult job
42 31%
Voters: 136.
Page 1 of 3
I don't see how it wouldn't be as long as it's decently busy.

If you're doing it well, that is.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at May 19, 2013,
I've never done it, but it seems like it would be difficult in some situations. I'm sure when business is slow it isn't too bad. I can imagine it sucking when things get really busy.

Even at slow times you still get the asshole customers that give you trouble. I think that would be the worst part. Customers are such dickheads at times.
I think it can be difficult
but so could most things, if you have a good work ethic and enjoy dealing with customers it will be a rewarding job
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I did it in a pub. It's probably very different but it was pretty easy.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I think it just depends on what kind of restaurant you work at.

I used to work at this one restaurant. I was just a busboy, but it was all hard to work at. Mainly because it was small, it got packed every day and night (like a line out the door on a wednesday), and the owner was greedy as f*ck, and always kept it understaffed. Waiters would do like 40 tables a night each, and the kitchen was really small and cramped. Plus some customers can be really rude. Having said that, the money is pretty damn good for college students.

Some places just aren't busy and it seems very relaxed to wait tables there.
Not necessarily difficult work though, just annoying and hard work every now and then.
Tell me who's that writin'...
I haven't done it. Although when I worked as a dish washer I served some old ladies their tea. They seemed happy. It wasn't hard.

I can imagine it can be stressful if you have a busy, fast moving environment. Keep your shit together and you'll be okay though.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

It's not difficult in the sense that working in a warehouse or at construction site is difficult, but I worked as a dish washer and I don't think I'd ever work as a server. It's really hectic and if you work at a large restaurant chain it's busy pretty much every night. It can be exhausting too because you're standing for really long periods of time and running all over the place.

Not to mention customers can be huge assholes.
It's easy in the sense that most people can get by with it, but it's difficult in terms of actual work. If you're working at a busy enough establishment, it gets pretty heated and tiring.
easy to do, hard to do well
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Who are you being an ass to now, Corey?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by willT08
If it was they wouldn't employ so many people to do it as their first job ever.

The turnover rate is enormous, and it's stupidly easy to train people for the position. There's not exactly a huge list of qualifications, you just need to be able to memorize a menu and carry trays of food.

That being said, it's stupidly difficult when the restaurant is busy because you get no time to slow down. You're on your feet running around for hours at a time carrying food for customers who rarely appreciate how hard you're working because their food wasn't made properly or some other reason.

I've had two jobs waiting tables and I'm never doing it again unless I'm desperate.
Quote by lolmnt
Who are you being an ass to now, Corey?

i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by metal4eva_22
I work in the kitchen cooking the food. Waiting tables is women's work.

They're both women's work. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
Quote by severed-metal

Whoa whoa whoa, lets slow down

Is it steak that's cooking? Because that's changes everything.
I've been waiting on tables for weeks now
IKEA really need to sort their delivery service out

ba dum tish
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by WCPhils

omg phils i thought so much better of you

and now this

just pack your bags, don't say anything
Quote by Eastwinn
omg phils i thought so much better of you

and now this

just pack your bags, don't say anything

I don't even have anything to pack up
Quote by WCPhils
I don't even have anything to pack up

well i didn't buy this dildo so it must be yours
Quote by severed-metal

All the restaurants I've worked in have hired males as kitchen staff and females as front-house staff
Quote by Eastwinn
well i didn't buy this dildo so it must be yours

How could I forget
depends on the type of person you are. being a restaurant veteran i can say that when it's easy, it's easy, but when it's hard, fuk everything about it.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by daytripper75
I've never done it, but it seems like it would be difficult in some situations. I'm sure when business is slow it isn't too bad. I can imagine it sucking when things get really busy.

Even at slow times you still get the asshole customers that give you trouble. I think that would be the worst part. Customers are such dickheads at times.

Case in point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1KU8sqh_4

Its a job I know I wouldn't last very long at.
From experience: no, but it is stressful, mostly because you don't only get the flak for your own mistakes, if the kitchen mess up then you get crapped on by the customer regardless of the fact you had no power to stop it. And the kitchen is generally a group of arrogant ****tards and so they don't accept responsibility. 'The chicken wasn't cooked? Well why did you take it to the table then?' Assholes, the lot of them.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by WCPhils

It does, in that you're now cooking steak instead of whatever other thing you were cooking before. It's just less woman-like, don't get me wrong, chicks are good cooks. Men are better, but chicks are still good cooks.

Quote by metal4eva_22
All the restaurants I've worked in have hired males as kitchen staff and females as front-house staff

I can't comment until you've said directly that man's work is cooking a meal.
Quote by Todd Hart
From experience: no, but it is stressful, mostly because you don't only get the flak for your own mistakes, if the kitchen mess up then you get crapped on by the customer regardless of the fact you had no power to stop it. And the kitchen is generally a group of arrogant ****tards and so they don't accept responsibility. 'The chicken wasn't cooked? Well why did you take it to the table then?' Assholes, the lot of them.

wouldn't that make it difficult then?
Quote by Acϵ♠
depends on the type of person you are. being a restaurant veteran i can say that when it's easy, it's easy, but when it's hard, fuk everything about it.

This. It can be easy, but it can also be the most frustrating thing in the world when you have to deal with shitty customers who think you are the scum of the earth as well as coworkers who don't do their part.

There's a reason why waiters are almost always a consistent need for employers.

I think everybody should be required to do some type of service job because so many people are ungrateful and lack restaurant etiquette due to being unaware of how the biz works.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Eastwinn
wouldn't that make it difficult then?

Well no, because what you're actually doing is very easy.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart

But as a job it is difficult because regardless of what should be fairly simple work, there are tons of things that make it not so simple.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Todd Hart

i see what you're saying. but personally, i would find even easy tasks very difficult in a stressful environment. that said, i've never worked in a restaurant so i don't know jack
Page 1 of 3