Poll: ??
Poll Options
View poll results: ??
I am very private about my personal information
25 27%
I'm not that private about my personal information, only to a degree
26 28%
I keep a few personal things to myself (surname, or town/city, etc)
23 25%
I don't care. People can know my name, where I live, doesn't bother me
19 20%
Voters: 93.
Page 1 of 2
skylerjames13
Dude
2,068 IQ
Are you really iffy about telling people your name, country, town, credit card information, mother's maiden name, etc?

Or do you not really mind all that much?

I for one, don't mind all that much. People can know my name, where I live, I don't care too much. I won't give them info that would give them access to things (UG password (looking at your Devourke) facebook password, etc)) but I don't mind telling people my name or location or whatever

If you are pretty private about it, how come?

edit: that ****ing thread title

I meant "How private do you keep your personal information on the internet?"

I went full retard for a minute
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Last edited by skylerjames13 at May 19, 2013,
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,163 IQ
Jean-Claude, France, Lyon, I don't have one, Leblanc, etc
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
i internet my information private often
Quote by JamSessionFreak
lots of really smart stuff
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
*Looks at username*

Er...
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
jjfeu662
Celestia
1,996 IQ
JJ Feu is an alias, South of Cincinnati is a broad area, other than that, is there really much other info that can hurt you?
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Joshua Garcia
Joshole
5,722 IQ
I like to think my full online identity is pretty secure.
...It's obviously not, but I like to think so.

Quote by Todd Hart
*Looks at username*

Er...
I know them feels bro.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf
eGraham
Rattle That Lock
1,541 IQ
Skyler teach me how do personal info
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
Quote by anvil is god
Nobody is going to hurt me

Quote by JamSessionFreak
lots of really smart stuff
MinterMan22
only smells
763 IQ
mine personal information is pretty no on internet
..::fat
lard::..
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I like to think my full online identity is pretty secure.
...It's obviously not, but I like to think so.

I know them feels bro.

It's not easy being a naive kid.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
stonyman65
Unregistered User
809 IQ
I don't give my address or email out or anything (unless it is someone I know and trust) but other than that I don't really care.

The way I see it, if someone really wanted my info bad enough to go and look for it, there are ways for them to find it regardless of what I post online. Same goes for everyone else.

If you're online, you have an IP address. I can (fairly easily) track your IP address and find out your ISP and a rough area of where you live. After that it's just a matter of contacting your ISP and getting you name, or getting enough info (legally or illegally) to find out the rest. It's not that hard to do really, it's just a matter if you care enough to spend the time and energy to track all of that stuff down...
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by stonyman65
I don't give my address or email out or anything (unless it is someone I know and trust) but other than that I don't really care.

The way I see it, if someone really wanted my info bad enough to go and look for it, there are ways for them to find it regardless of what I post online. Same goes for everyone else.

If you're online, you have an IP address. I can (fairly easily) track your IP address and find out your ISP and a rough area of where you live. After that it's just a matter of contacting your ISP and getting you name, or getting enough info (legally or illegally) to find out the rest. It's not that hard to do really, it's just a matter if you care enough to spend the time and energy to track all of that stuff down...

You don't even need to do that. There's websites that allow you to figure this stuff out. Whether they're legal or not depends on the laws in your country.
strait jacket
cuntcuntcuntcuntcuntcunt
177 IQ
My name is Michael Steele Stanton, I am in Luddenham, New South Wales.
DOB is 03/11/93.
IDGAF really, if someone wants to steal my private information then I can't stop it anyway.
stonyman65
Unregistered User
809 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You don't even need to do that. There's websites that allow you to figure this stuff out. Whether they're legal or not depends on the laws in your country.

Well, yeah if you want to pay for it.

As it turns out I have more time than money right now so....
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Eastwinn
through being cool
3,131 IQ
i've provided plenty of information on this forum scattered throughout my posts. if someone really wanted to find me, they easily could.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Andrea55
The Boss
83 IQ
I've posted the city where I live and the school I go to but I won't post my address. There's certain things I want to keep private and I'm sure no one here wants to visit me anytime soon so whatever.
RetroGunslinger
1,060 IQ
Im very unprivate, for instance I checked my facebook profile details the other night and apparently my religious views are Lemmy is God and my political view is simply Tsar Nicholas II. So apparently everyone can see how ******ed I was when I was 15.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Laimbo
19 IQ
Your date of birth and email and mothers maiden name all seem harmless to give away until someone uses them to reset your email password then uses your email to change your PayPal password then goes on a spending spree. Probably PayPal is a bad example but you get the point. Everyone should be at least a little bit paranoid.
CoreysMonster
Banned
8,557 IQ
I'm very secretive. There exists only a blurry, black and white photograph of myself on the internet. I'm not actually German, and my name isn't even Corey.

Try to track me down NOW, CIA.
macaroni
UG's Colourblind Guy
750 IQ
I'm pretty private. Unless they NEED to know, I won't tell them anything. This includes both the internet and real life.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,250 IQ
I am definitely pretty private. As everyone should be, really.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
muffinduck01
UG's BBW Lover
192 IQ
I'm very private. The only thing Facebook knows about me is my first name (and rough location because IP address.)

There are only a few people I know online who know my last name and what city I live in, and I've known them for years, and it took me years of trusting them for me to actually tell them in the first place.

EDIT:
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm very secretive. There exists only a blurry, black and white photograph of myself on the internet. I'm not actually German, and my name isn't even Corey.

Try to track me down NOW, CIA.

I totes have a real picture of you.

brb calling CIA.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
guitarxo
cat
1,649 IQ
Quote by Andrea55
I've posted the city where I live and the school I go to but I won't post my address. There's certain things I want to keep private and I'm sure no one here wants to visit me anytime soon so whatever.

I'd visit you! Not in a creepy way though.

people on UG could find me and where I live extremely easily. I think I've posted a picture of my neighborhood on street view before.

People on Facebook can definitely find out nearly all personal info except for passwords and things like that.

I don't really care about either. I'm a lot more private on other sites though.
cat
sloppyjoe24
CHOO CHOO!
2,572 IQ
I'm not afraid of posting my whereabouts. I'm not that vulnerable in that regard; no different than when I decide to step outside.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Joshua Garcia
Joshole
5,722 IQ
Related:

Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,012 IQ
I don't really care. You can find out my full name and location easy enough if you look.
666atheist666
CoreysMonster
Banned
8,557 IQ
Quote by StewieSwan
I don't really care. You can find out my full name and location easy enough if you look.

Stewart Swan, address: The Lake.

That was all the effort I could spend on that.
sashki
6,650 IQ
I don't like to explicitly reveal personal information, but I realise that it would not be hard for someone to find.

What I don't understand is people who willingly publish every small detail of their lives for the world to see, including using shit like Foursquare to document their location. That's really creepy and I don't get why people would do that voluntarily.
King Donkey
yes
777 IQ
I give away my first name and Sydney as my location but not any further than that.
West Ham United
Andrea55
The Boss
83 IQ
Quote by guitarxo
I'd visit you! Not in a creepy way though.

people on UG could find me and where I live extremely easily. I think I've posted a picture of my neighborhood on street view before.

People on Facebook can definitely find out nearly all personal info except for passwords and things like that.

I don't really care about either. I'm a lot more private on other sites though.

Yay!

And here's my info.

P. Sherman
42 Wallaby Way
Sydney
King Donkey
yes
777 IQ
Quote by Andrea55
Yay!

And here's my info.

P. Sherman
42 Wallaby Way
Sydney

Well that can't be right because that's where I live.
West Ham United
Andrea55
The Boss
83 IQ
Quote by King Donkey
Well that can't be right because that's where I live.

Ummm, no?

>_>