Hi, I just recently formed a NWOTHM band with a few friends, but we haven't been able to come up with a good name, any suggestions?
I think people are confusing a handful of bands, sparsely populated across the globe, that have only come to our attention via the internet, which I think gives the illusion that there's more to it than there is.

Sure you have your Alpha Tiger, your Dark Forest, your Helvetets Port, but really, they're from different countries and there's no real scene as such. I think part of what made the NWOBH great was a lot of bands were making kind of new and exciting music, or at least improving on the formula. A lot of new bands as great as I think some are (Dark Forest in particular) they aren't really doing anything new, it's more a continuation, a new generation. The trad style of heavey metal never really went away. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but to suggest there's a new wave of traditional metal (which might be a bit of an oxymoron) I think is misguided.
If you can't think of a name for your band, the chances are your music isn't very creative either.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Scourge441
New Wave Of Tibetan Heavy Metal?

This would be the best thing ever. The Dalai Lama could be the lead singer of the 1st Tibetan Heavy Metal band, spawning 100's of bands fronted by Tibetan monks calling for Tibet's freedom!

Quote by gorgon666
Apparently there is.

According to what? You? There's no wave of Traditional Heavy Metal. There's a few select bands that still do it; that's all.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 20, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
This would be the best thing ever. The Dalai Lama could be the lead singer of the 1st Tibetan Heavy Metal band, spawning 100's of bands fronted by Tibetan monks calling for Tibet's freedom!

All the vocals would be throat singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCkK1AqsIAI

Imagine that with a blast beat under it
Traditional heavy metal bands don't use blast beats. And there's already a metal band that has that with blast beats under it it's called Behemoth.

Go learn ur metal
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

you don't listen to Antediluvian, Sam? Missin' out.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
Quote by Kytokinesis
Traditional heavy metal bands don't use blast beats. And there's already a metal band that has that with blast beats under it it's called Behemoth.

Go learn ur metal

It was a joke. If semantics get your testicles up in a nut, replace the H with harmonica, and add some blues harp to the equation.
Wouldn't the right name for this be.

New Wave of New Wave of British Heavy Metal?

NWONWOBHM?

Shitsdumbyo
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by destroy_techno
It was a joke. If semantics get your testicles up in a nut, replace the H with harmonica, and add some blues harp to the equation.

I was just joking around as well.

But back to this band name, guys, seriously. It's gotta be something sexually suggestive but not disgusting, just like any heavy metal band out there worth its salt.

Longsword
Hot Load
Tight Squeeze

Help me out here.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Hot Sword
Crotch Smoke
Steel Taco
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I love how this "movement," or "scene" has the modifier "new" in the name. What is new about a bunch of retro bands imitating their heroes from the eighties? Sure, some of them are good, but they're just treading over the same ground laid before them by the progenitors of the sound. This is silly.

How about Warrior Cock rings of Steel? The band can go onstage with raging metal boners, and they can have spiky gauntlets sheathing their manly javelins of death.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
No way out, thread hurts me
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.