I'm looking at getting either a KV5FR or a RR5FR.
I like the look of the RR more than the king V, but I would prefer the 24 frets of the king V. Do these two guitars have any differences in tone?
i haven't tried either, but i'm guessing the differences in tone would be fairly subtle. could be wrong, though (as i said, i haven't tried either, though i've tried other king vs and rhoads models).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Their only difference is the body shape (which is slight in itself) and the lack of frets 23 and 24 on the Rhoads. There'll be absolutely no tone difference.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Yep, aside from the body shape and the number of frets they're going to be very similar indeed. I'd have thought the deciding factor might be whether you can actually get your hands on one, since they're both discontinued.
They're both great guitars, but the FR models are particularly rare.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Yep, aside from the body shape and the number of frets they're going to be very similar indeed. I'd have thought the deciding factor might be whether you can actually get your hands on one, since they're both discontinued.

I've found 2 RR5FR's and one KV5FR so that shouldn't be a problem. And thanks