Hello,

I play Guitar for a little while now and I really want to get to learn the Bass but since it will be my first Bass I won't need to put much into it.
For now I have a Guitar PRS Custom SE, Line 6 spider IV and a Focusrite Scarlett.
I would just need a simple versatile Bass (but I know I will quickly play more rock/hardrock/metal).
What would you recommend to me ? I would guess I don't need to go over 500$/chf because it would be too much at first.

Best regards,

rXp>!<
OK thanks but there is a lot of choice.
What are the differences between the Precision or Jaguar ?
There's a sticky at the top of the forum you might find educational: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=737491

Chf is Swiss Francs right? You might have to provide us with some information on your options, most of us are familiar with prices in the US, UK, and Australia, but in other countries the pricing and availability of basses can vary wildly. If you can order from Thomann, that might be a good place to start.

The Squier Classic Vibe and Vintage Modified basses (both Precision and Jazz) are highly regarded as great budget basses, and if you want something classic and Fender-y one of those is going to be your best option. The Ibanez SR series is also a solid line, and they're available at just about every price point so you should be able to find a good one in your budget. A Peavey Millennium BXP would also be a solid choice.

EDIT: Have you thought about an amp at all as well?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by rXp

I have a Line 6 Spider IV, it won't go for it ?

Best not to use your guitar amp for bass. Search with the forum's seachbar if you want details, there's a million and a half threads on the topic, but in short you risk damaging your speaker(s) with a guitar amp. There are bass amps for a reason.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I will look into it and look for a small bass amp at the same time
Thank you for your answers
You might want to look into getting a Starter pack, I know squier do quite a few not sure if they do them in your country though, You get a fender bass amp 15 watt gigbag strap suff like that. they're about £250 here not sure how much they'd be there.