I can't afford expensive things.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i usually cant afford expensive stuffs.....i guess expensive depends on whos wallet the money is comming from. lol

mine are....
peavey 3120: seemed like the end all for me. 5150ish tones with a nice clean channel. wrong. money well wasted.
boss gt10: seemed like the perfect way to controll all fx and amps. after a while it lost its appeal.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Too numerous to count...

The most expensive 'item' I ever paid for that utterly failed to fulfill expectations would probably be my ex-wife...

(And she gave me two wonderful children, which means that if I had to do it again I'd still happily pay the price!)
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at May 20, 2013,
Diezel Hagen. Sounded terrible in a mix, and broke down several times in the year I owned it, and again right after I sold it, meaning I had to pay out of pocket for the repairs. With the cost of repairs, and depreciation, I would have been out almost $1500 if I couldn't do most of them myself. Still was out $900.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Honestly my MKIII. I thought that it was going to really satisfy my hunt for the ultimate lead tone, but I just didn't quite bond with it. I also was not very impressed with the JVMs I have tried. I play the ones at my local store, every time I hunt for something worth a damn tone wise, but I can't.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Honestly my MKIII. I thought that it was going to really satisfy my hunt for the ultimate lead tone, but I just didn't quite bond with it. I also was not very impressed with the JVMs I have tried. I play the ones at my local store, every time I hunt for something worth a damn tone wise, but I can't.

I ****ed and didn't play the mark V enough before I bought it. Channel III had no low end that you could feel. My Krankenstein ****ed it up in that regard.

It was still a fantastic amp but I sold due to that. Sold the Krank as it was just filler in a mix. 5150/6505 has been my favorite so far.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
I ****ed and didn't play the mark V enough before I bought it. Channel III had no low end that you could feel. My Krankenstein ****ed it up in that regard.

It was still a fantastic amp but I sold due to that. Sold the Krank as it was just filler in a mix. 5150/6505 has been my favorite so far.

It's hard to fault the Peavey, it really gets it right. I think I prefer my SLX ever so slightly more, but I still love the 5150s.
Expensive things worth the money:

Cameron CCV-100 (pre-production only)
Soldano SLO
Bogner 100B/20th XTC
CAA OD-100 (and all variants)
Gibson G0/R0 (plaintop or painted)
Suhr guitars

Just about everything else expensive that I've owned/played has been a let down.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Expensive things worth the money:

Cameron CCV-100 (pre-production only)
Soldano SLO
Bogner 100B/20th XTC
CAA OD-100 (and all variants)
Gibson G0/R0 (plaintop or painted)
Suhr guitars

Just about everything else expensive that I've owned/played has been a let down.

Just for reference, what point of reference are you using for expensive?
$1.5k+

EDIT: Actually, I guess 1.3k+ since that's what I paid for my cheapest Suhr. Also about $100 bit more than a new 6505+, which I don't consider expensive.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at May 20, 2013,
Quote by mmolteratx
$1.5k+

EDIT: Actually, I guess 1.3k+ since that's what I paid for my cheapest Suhr. Also about $100 bit more than a new 6505+, which I don't consider expensive.

Ok, that was where I was putting my needle, but I figured you have played with some stuff that I would consider outrageous, so you may gauge it differently
Bogner Uberschall Rev. Blue - Sounded great with a boost but absolutely hated that amp without it.

Bogner XTC 101b - There were some ok tones it in but overall it was really harsh on most channels to the point where I had an extremely hard time dialing it out.

Soldano SLO - Good amp, but I expected MUCH more for the pricetag. Is honestly rather have a Hotrod or Avenger.

Orange RV100 MKII
- The original was badass. The new one was kinda meh.

Ampeg SVT line - Every bass player I know oogles over these things and the Mesas next to them kicked the shit out of them

Diezel VH4 - Would be cool... If it was $2000 cheaper. Sounds great on recordings, hate it for the price whenever I've tried it. Don't get the hype.

Diezel Herbert - I still love this amp, don't get me wrong. Sounds HUGE, but it is VERY relaxed in the mids. There's a reason that amp is 180w, because you need the shear power to be heard in a mix.

VHT Ultralead - For years I'd GAS'd over this amp, thinking it'd be the perfect match for me, I've owned 2 since then and they're good but lack the "awesome" I thought it'd have.

Engl Powerball - Fizzy mess. Do not like.

FJA modded Mesa Racktifier - Aside from the 3 ch triple, the worst Recto I've ever heard.

Mesa 3 Ch Triple Recto - I'd honestly rather play through a Line 6 Spider.

Mesa Mark IV - Lead channel is great, the rest I could do without.

Mesa DC-5 combo - Good sounding amp, but I replaced my 50 Cal + with it, and the 50 Cal was a much better sounding amp IMO. The DC-5 cost more and was a downgrade in tone. Oh wellz, at least it looked pretty.

Axe-FX Ultra/II - Low and mid gain sounds were fantastic, as were the effects, but the learning curve on it is insanely steep and I spent more time pressing buttons and moving knobs than I did actually playing the guitar.

BBE Sonic Maximizer - It was great at first, then I tried an EQ in place of it and discovered that the Maximizer didn't do anything the EQ couldn't.

Carvin Legacy - I thought this thing was gonna be awesome, since I love Vai's tone... But man, that thing was looser than a 3 channel Recto. Yuck. Not sure how anyone who plays rhythms could enjoy this amp at all.

Peavey XXX - The Ultras are half the price and sound better, with basically the same features.

Blackmachine B2 - PHENOMENAL neck, but I've heard $500 guitars that sounded better than that thing loaded with BKP Nailbombs.

Oni 7/8 - Really cool necks and a great player, but man those guitars sound horribly muddy.

Blackdroid 7 - Looked gorgeous but the neck was too big for me, and it sounded like crap.

Framus Cobra - I LOVED this amp at first, but after a few months, it just sounded like a bunch of fizz and lowend to me

Splawn Nitro (EL-34) - I got it with EL-34s cause that's the classic Marshall-esque sound. It was alright, but pretty boring. The KT-88 version I had killed it. Talk about cut!

EVH 5150 III Mini - I thought it was gonna be awesome and blow me away since the last time I tried the 100w head, I was quite impressed. Wrong - I'll be holding onto my original 5150, still!

Pro Tools 9 - Avid sucks. 'Nuff said.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com