Hey guys, just wondering what alot of you guys are using to record your songs with..
I use a software called Acid Music Studio 8.0 .. I bought it for 50 bucks, its not too bad, but one problem I have with it is mixing tracks. I always have to play the second track a second before its supposed to happen because the timing is mixed up. And I am not the smartest when it comes to recording software so I do not really know how to fix this issue.

I hear that alot of people use Pro Tools. I was thinking about purchasing this but it is quite expensive. For those of you that do have Pro Tools, do you think its worth it? What makes it so much better than the other cheaper software?

Any advice is appreciated.
The recordings forum is the place for this.

Reaper is the most recommended software based DAW.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Thanks for response, didnt realize i was in the wrong forum, DOH!
I was actually downloading reaper while writing this post, and I just tried it, and the first thing I did was mixed a couple of tracks, and it works ALOT better than the Acid Music Studio that I was using.... thank god.
Glad you like it - quite a few of the guys over in Recordings use it, so if you have any questions we have a chat thread where someone should be able to help you out.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Also check into ASIO drivers for your sound card. They can reduce latency problems.
^ +1 ASIO4ALL is what i used and most of my latency issues are gone
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
I use Cubase 5, would like to update to a newer version but can't afford it for the time being. I've used a whole bunch of them (Logic, Pro Tools, Cubase being the mains ones) and always ended up staying with Cubase. Back in the day Pro Tools was the king but these days all of the top ones are equally as good/powerful as each other and it's more about which user interface you like to use.

Cubase has the benefit of coming with a bunch quality of VST instruments and effects to get you started, it's a real complete package from the get go. With that said I could not do what I do without the Waves bundles and Superior Drummer 2.0 (which are not included).
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V