I'm on a pretty tight budget and i've heard alot of people saying they're easy pedals to mod, so i figured i might be up for the challenge.

What sort of mods could I do to the GCB-95 crybaby to just improve it, maybe thicken the sound, make it warmer, throatier low end?

Also, i've never done anything like this before, but i've done basic soldering components onto simple circuit boards before.

How hard would the mods be?

Are they worth the risk of voiding the warranty?
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke
Last edited by Caaarrl94 at May 20, 2013,
I performed a true bypass and installed an on / off LED mod on my GCB 95 just last weekend.

The LED is a bit of fluff, but looks good.

The true bypass AFAIC is a must have mod. The Cry Baby is a real tone sucker with its active bypass. The difference is very audible.

Both mods are easily found by internet search, including good 'how to' guides on you tube
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at May 21, 2013,
I changed the "gain" and "mid/Q" resistor as well as the resistor parallel to the inductor. It helps to install trimpots instead of resistors. I do not know the values the trimpots are set at as I did not measure them, I simply adjusted them to my liking. The pedal is now smooth and creamy with a less sharp peak, and just the right amount of "quack." http://stinkfoot.se/archives/557