Saint78
julian wells
1,760 IQ
there's fires all over Moore too
you're a stone fox
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Hearing this lady live on Fox is a throwback to when I lived in Texas. Hearing "do what?" again is awesome lol.

This is sad, though. She's finding things in her home she thought might be lost forever while at the same time delivering news on how cars were thrown on top of the children at the school.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
This is God's punishmen for the UK's moves towards gay marriage and gay clergy
is what I would say if I was a dick and didn't understand the gravity of the situation.
Stay safe, OK peeps.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at May 20, 2013,
Joshua Garcia
Lost boy
5,702 IQ
I'm a little concerned for my aunt in Dallas. They just barely missed the last tornado, and this one is heading that way.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf
palm mute
Reserved User
280 IQ
Shit sucks man. Although this
As the storm hit, winds were moving up to 302 mph.

seems a bit odd as that would tie it with the previous wind speed record, is that page sourced any?
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
I'm going to go ahead and say that Tornados are natures assholes.
DystoCreativity
269 IQ
Heh, I'm looking out the window as I type this, ready to spring into my hidey-hole at a moment's notice.

Thankfully (well... For me) Broken Arrow doesn't get much attention - not even from tornadoes. (Quite broken up hearing about Moore, though.)

Although, there are some funky clouds out there... Oh boy.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Nelsean
I'm going to go ahead and say that Tornadoes are nature's assholes.

Along with earthquakes, tsunamis, etc. ...yes.

OT:
Man, some of those pictures I've seen...whole neighborhoods just gone. Nothing but dirt patches where all the houses were.
palm mute
Reserved User
280 IQ
Quote by DystoCreativity
Heh, I'm looking out the window as I type this, ready to spring into my hidey-hole at a moment's notice.

Thankfully (well... For me) Broken Arrow doesn't get much attention - not even from tornadoes. (Quite broken up hearing about Moore, though.)

Although, there are some funky clouds out there... Oh boy.

You are where stuff is still happening, the current cell just south of you in Muskogee is probably producing a tornado right now according to radar, but luckily it doesn't appear to be going anywhere near you. If you aren't already I would suggest turning to the local weather on tv or radio right now.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
bradulator
normcore
2,448 IQ
Quote by palm mute
Shit sucks man. Although this

seems a bit odd as that would tie it with the previous wind speed record, is that page sourced any?

They probably meant kph
palm mute
Reserved User
280 IQ
Ah ok. Because 302 mph is like super fucking crazy EF5 territory man. Technically the winds only have to be over 200 mph to be an EF5.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
bradulator
normcore
2,448 IQ
They did say up to 200mph though so yeah, it's likely an EF5
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
I helped my friend clean out his storm cellar. His friend called him and asked if he wanted to go to Moore to help out. Both of them are trained first responders so my friend called his brother who's trained as well. So all three of them are headed to Moore soon to help move debris and find people.

Just going to point out that Moore is three hours away from here. Tomorrow is my friend's two year anniversary with his wife.
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
palm mute
Reserved User
280 IQ
Quote by bradulator
They did say up to 200mph though so yeah, it's likely an EF5

From the damage signatures alone it is at least an EF4, official ratings should trickle in tonight I would imagine
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
How optimistic can you be to continue living in flat land areas. This is scary as shit. I feel like it's scarier than any natural disaster, other than Tsunamis.
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by Nelsean
How optimistic can you be to continue living in flat land areas. This is scary as shit. I feel like it's scarier than any natural disaster, other than Tsunamis.

I imagine hurricanes to be worse. Longer durations, wider spread, greater damage bringing in all the water from the shore.

It's like a tornado and tsunami had an obese baby.

But in the sense of "in the moment" scary, you're probably right.
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
Quote by Nelsean

Shit gets destroyed but people learn how to survive. Last count I saw was 4 fatalities. It's tragic but 4 is extremely low considering the damage it did.
Quote by cemges

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
palm mute
Reserved User
280 IQ
Yesterday we had the tornado sirens go off twice, that sound they make is really unnerving. It is a million times worse when the electricity goes out and you don't have a basement though, I have no idea why the fuck every single home is not required to have a shelter/basement in this area.

So glad I don't have to worry about tsunamis though, I remember watching that last big Japanese one happen live and that shit is crazy.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
palm mute
Reserved User
280 IQ
Quote by blake1221
I imagine hurricanes to be worse. Longer durations, wider spread, greater damage bringing in all the water from the shore.

It's like a tornado and tsunami had an obese baby.

But in the sense of "in the moment" scary, you're probably right.

Hurricanes get days advanced warning though, with tornadoes you get like 15 minutes tops.

Hurricane on a small island though, fuck that.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by palm mute
Hurricanes get days advanced warning though, with tornadoes you get like 15 minutes tops.

You get longer than 15 minutes. Tornado warnings can be in effect way longer than that.
palm mute
Reserved User
280 IQ
I mean from when there is definitely one on the ground, tornado warnings are handed out pretty liberally. Point taken though.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
Yeah Hurricanes at least give you notice, but Tornados are like "dont mind me, just going to EF5 out of no where and **** your whole day up"

Plus it's your house man... I would be so sad if I lost house after house year after year. I wonder how much the insurance premium is for houses out there.
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
My sister's friend lost everything. Her apartment was in Moore. Her horse made it at least.
Quote by cemges

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,302 IQ
That's messed up.

Though what worries me is I just started thinking about it and I have no clue what you should do in the event of a tornado. Like I have no idea what to do in any natural disaster. Good luck okie
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Ali priori / Ali posteriori
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Jesus christ Ali is a nutcase

I actually feel sorry for him, like seriously, get help
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Nelsean
Yeah Hurricanes at least give you notice, but Tornados are like "dont mind me, just going to EF5 out of no where and **** your whole day up"

Plus it's your house man... I would be so sad if I lost house after house year after year. I wonder how much the insurance premium is for houses out there.

I think year after year is a bit of an exaggeration, though tornadoes do seem to be more frequent lately in that area.
Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
That's messed up.

Though what worries me is I just started thinking about it and I have no clue what you should do in the event of a tornado. Like I have no idea what to do in any natural disaster. Good luck okie

I'm sure in areas where it is frequent, there are some precautions to take for survival. As for me, all I know is that if an Earthquake happens, to stand in between a door frame to prevent anything from crushing you.
palm mute
Reserved User
280 IQ
Save your ass in a tornado:

Central room, lowest floor (basement or shelter preferably), away from windows, crouch as low as possible and cover your head with your hands. If you aren't in a house get to a ditch or something low like that, away from trees or other objects that could fall. In the late 90's they ran this shit about overpasses being shelter from tornadoes because this one news team survived one in them, but they actually make the conditions much much worse because basically you are in a wind tunnel and the wind speed will be much higher there.
Quote by palm mute
I mean from when there is definitely one on the ground, tornado warnings are handed out pretty liberally. Point taken though.

Phrasing on this is shit.

From when there is definitely one headed in your direction generally 15 minutes is what you get, luckily these storms today were in daylight as many tornado producing storms are dicks and pop up in the evening/early night. Tornado warnings mostly only warn that the conditions are suitable for the potential of a tornado in your area, 90% of the tornado warnings I've ever lived through didn't even produce a funnel cloud. But it is pretty awesome that we have developed a way to actually provide some kind of warning against this, with how unpredictable it is even knowing to be more attentive to the weather that day could and does save lives.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at May 20, 2013,
WaterGod
BernieBro
541 IQ
I heard that an entire school of children have gone missing....
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
Quote by palm mute

From when there is definitely one headed in your direction generally 15 minutes is what you get, luckily these storms today were in daylight as many tornado producing storms are dicks and pop up in the evening/early night. Tornado warnings mostly only warn that the conditions are suitable for the potential of a tornado in your area, 90% of the tornado warnings I've ever lived through didn't even produce a funnel cloud. But it is pretty awesome that we have developed a way to actually provide some kind of warning against this, with how unpredictable it is even knowing to be more attentive to the weather that day could and does save lives.

Yea, fifteen minutes seems like a decent number if no one else has been hit. Warning rarely produce anything but luckily most people here know when to move. A lot of people watch the storm while someone else relays the weather on a radio or TV.

^They were accounted for.

I'm seeing more rotations around Sulpher and Muskogee. I have a lot of friends in the Muskogee Tahlequah area.
Quote by cemges

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at May 20, 2013,
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by palm mute

This is what I was thinking. There's a difference between "oh there may be tornados today" and "One has touched down and it's a mile away from you"

With hurricanes and stuff you can watch them for over a week before they actually touch down. I know this past fall most beach towns in Jersey got evacuated before it hit. With tornados you don't have that luxury since it can basically be any day.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by WaterGod
I heard that an entire school of children have gone missing....

Source?

I just heard "schools have been evacuated, but one was destroyed after the evacuation"
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
Source?

I just heard "schools have been evacuated, but one was destroyed after the evacuation"

They've been digging 75 kids out of the rubble for a while. I'm not sure if all of them lived. At least 60 did, I know.
Quote by cemges

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by BladeSlinger
They've been digging 75 kids out of the rubble for a while. I'm not sure if all of them lived. At least 60 did, I know.

Oh, ****
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
Oh, ****

I looked at the news about twenty minutes ago and it said 4 deaths. Still a ton of rubble and shit but four. EF4 or 5 tornado with multiple area leveled. 4 deaths.

^By the time they wrote that the figures would have changed.
Quote by cemges

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at May 20, 2013,
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
2,050 IQ
I sure hope SteveHouse is ok. Why people keep living in that whole super ****ing tornado-prone area is beyond me.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
palm mute
Reserved User
280 IQ
^ I believe he is, he's been posting regularly in our mafia game and yesterday's storms didn't hit him he said.
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm seeing more rotations around Sulpher and Muskogee. I have a lot of friends in the Muskogee Tahlequah area.

Muskogee did have several radar indicated tornadoes just south of it and right now east of Tahlequah is showing some.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at May 20, 2013,