Page 2 of 4
SteveHouse is ok.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by palm mute
^ I believe he is, he's been posting regularly in our mafia game and yesterday's storms didn't hit him he said.

Muskogee did have several radar indicated tornadoes just south of it and right now east of Tahlequah is showing some.

Yea, I'm watching a radar. Tahlequah is lucky and avoids a lot of tornadoes. Hopefully that keeps up.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Nothing looked like it directly hit either, so I would imagine everything is ok really. Maybe hail or wind gust damage at worst I'd say.

Edit: they are no longer showing those two indicated ones east of Tahlequah
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at May 20, 2013,
They shut down Moore apparently.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
RT @joshledermanAP (AP) - State medical examiner's office: 37 killed in #Oklahoma #tornado; death toll expected to rise
everyone at my school is bringing extra clothes they don't wear to school tomorrow for the people in moore
you're a stone fox
I have a whole bag of clothes that I don't wear in a bag that I wish I could go give to em.
Guess your Rent-A-Swag franchise will have to wait.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Hurricanes aren't even so bad unless you live near water. I'd find a tornado much more threatening.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Hurricanes cause pretty severe destruction but you have a significant amount of time to not be an idiot and drive away. Tornadoes are much more quick acting and all you got for safety is a hole in the ground.
Death toll at 51 now.
I'm watching the live coverage as I type and have been since the aerial footage of the tornado plowing through the field was live streamed. They're saying 55 dead and the death toll may rise, along with it being confirmed as an EF5 tornado.

#PrayForOklahoma
Quote by naedauuf
Shit working 24 hours a week at $12 an hour makes me rich?

BOW BEFORE ME PEASANTS.
Quote by rolling_stoned
I'm watching the live coverage as I type and have been since the aerial footage of the tornado plowing through the field was live streamed. They're saying 55 dead and the death toll may rise, along with it being confirmed as an EF5 tornado.

#PrayForOklahoma

Sometimes this makes me so furious.

Even if prayer did something, you can't direct it. Praying after a disaster is fucking useless. People can pray if they want but I'll be donating at least $100, possibly $200 depending on my paycheck. That buys supplies. That keeps people warm and fed.

And I'll be donating to a fund that benefits these people, not the Red Cross.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Sometimes this makes me so furious.

Even if prayer did something, you can't direct it. Praying after a disaster is fucking useless. People can pray if they want but I'll be donating at least $100, possibly $200 depending on my paycheck. That buys supplies. That keeps people warm and fed.

And I'll be donating to a fund that benefits these people, not the Red Cross.

its a hashtag bro, but prayer is (to me) not useless IMO but difference of opinion, whatever but good on you for donating resources to the people in need.
Quote by naedauuf

BOW BEFORE ME PEASANTS.
Quote by blake1221
It's just a way for people to broadcast their sympathies.

I know, but a lot of people see that as actually helping. Contributing.

Expressing sympathy is the human thing to do and I'm glad to see it but when I see all that happened and hear about people who have died I'm so spiteful toward these praying people. I know plenty of religious people who will pray and that's what they do, fine. Those are also people who will donate or volunteer if they're able (some aren't). It's the people that see praying as doing their part. I've seen so much with this and the shootings recently. It's getting to me.

I also got to see a video of the tornado barreling down on the high school where I had state marching band contests. I have very fond memories of that place.

^In terms of specific areas, prayer is useless. You can't direct it. If there is a god who listens to prayer, they don't directly fulfill them nor is it immediate. I hate the hashtag thing. Prayer is supposed to be personal to your relationship with your god. The hashtag thing is a way for people to feel they've accomplished something when they've done nothing different than every other day.

Despite my actual disdain for it, I'm not trying to knock you for praying. That's your thing. I'm angry at the people who use it as a substitute for contributing in a tangible manner. A guaranteed manner. That's what people need. They need support and they need it now. If you want to pray then pray while you donate or volunteer.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at May 20, 2013,
OK is not ok.

Keep us posted, BladeSlinger.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I do apologize if I'm being harsh.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You aren't. A lot of people are genuine, but a lot of others are posting #PrayForX for their own benefit, to seem as if they're doing something to help.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by WCPhils
This is saying the the rescue of the 24 children trapped in the school "has become a recovery, as they are believed to be deceased"

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2013/05/the-most-destructive-tornado-in-the-history-of-the-world/

The National Guard has been called in to deal with looters, as people have already been spotted stealing from sites throughout the damaged areas.

ugh
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by BladeSlinger
I know, but a lot of people see that as actually helping. Contributing.

Expressing sympathy is the human thing to do and I'm glad to see it but when I see all that happened and hear about people who have died I'm so spiteful toward these praying people. I know plenty of religious people who will pray and that's what they do, fine. Those are also people who will donate or volunteer if they're able (some aren't). It's the people that see praying as doing their part. I've seen so much with this and the shootings recently. It's getting to me.

^In terms of specific areas, prayer is useless. You can't direct it. If there is a god who listens to prayer, they don't directly fulfill them nor is it immediate. I hate the hashtag thing. Prayer is supposed to be personal to your relationship with your god. The hashtag thing is a way for people to feel they've accomplished something when they've done nothing different than every other day.

Despite my actual disdain for it, I'm not trying to knock you for praying. That's your thing. I'm angry at the people who use it as a substitute for contributing in a tangible manner. A guaranteed manner. That's what people need. They need support and they need it now. If you want to pray then pray while you donate or volunteer.

I'm texting the $10 dollar donation thing as I type. The church I attend will take up an offering for the people affected by the tornado along with sending a team to help with whatever they can do to assist in recovery efforts and I'm gonna do my best to become apart of that team, BTW it is a little over an 8 hour drive to Moore from where I live.

Quote by BladeSlinger
I also got to see a video of the tornado barreling down on the high school where I had state marching band contests. I have very fond memories of that place.

I feel for ya bro
Quote by naedauuf

BOW BEFORE ME PEASANTS.
Quote by rolling_stoned
I'm texting the $10 dollar donation thing as I type. The church I attend will take up an offering for the people affected by the tornado along with sending a team to help with whatever they can do to assist in recovery efforts and I'm gonna do my best to become apart of that team, BTW it is a little over an 8 hour drive to Moore from where I live.

I feel for ya bro

It's only three from here but I have work and I'm not very strong. Good on your church for actually doing something to make a difference, and you as well.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Whoa I just realized I'm like a 2-3 hour drive from Moore
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by BladeSlinger
It's only three from here but I have work and I'm not very strong. Good on your church for actually doing something to make a difference, and you as well.

Thank you
Quote by naedauuf

BOW BEFORE ME PEASANTS.
I'm a 22 hour 46 minute drive from Moore but prayer travels faster than cars.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by ErikLensherr
I'm a 22 hour 46 minute drive from Moore but prayer travels faster than cars.

Prove it!

This is really sad, though, and the pictures of the tornado are crazy.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Prove it!

This is really sad, though, and the pictures of the tornado are crazy.

It was a Mythbusters episode, ignoramus.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Just saw this on Facebook:
My little cousin CAMERON is now known in our family as the little boy with 9 lives lol !! He's so small and he was trapped under all the debris from the school collapsing but GOD covered his body !! As well as his brothers and his dads ! There is now way that you can Tell me God isn't good !! May not come when you want him but he's always on time !!

Tell that to the parents with dead children, you bitch.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Just saw this on Facebook:

Tell that to the parents with dead children, you bitch.

That's ****ed up, but, sadly, I've heard stuff like that from people around here quite a bit, so it's not a surprise to me anymore. :/
shit, just stop with the religious stuff guys. ugh

You really think that women is in the right state of mind?
rip brad
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
At this point I think people would react with shock and panic if the WBC expressed sympathy for any deaths.