Page 3 of 4
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
At this point I think people would react with shock and panic if the WBC expressed sympathy for any deaths.

if jesus was again resurrected and then thoroughly crucified, do you think they'd picket his funeral?
i don't know why i feel so dry
40 more people have been confirmed dead
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
And here I was hoping for a low death toll.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
And here I was hoping for a low death toll.

I wasn't even expecting a death toll until I read today that Shawnee already had two recorded deaths. It's unreal. Until today I had no idea that people still died from tornadoes.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I wasn't even expecting a death toll until I read today that Shawnee already had two recorded deaths. It's unreal. Until today I had no idea that people still died from tornadoes.

must be nice living in the middle east
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Oh yea, most people can take the falling debris.

Their hair just gets too tousled.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Underground shelters.

Underground shelters everywhere.

Need to go to the store? Make sure they have an underground shelter.

Going to shit? Make sure you can get to an underground shelter.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Masquirina
Damn, how do you even thoroughly prepare for tornadoes.

Small spaces at the center of a structure, stay away from windows, be underground, get in a bathtub in an interior bathroom. Bring things like pillows and mattresses into the small spaces to shield yourself from debris. If you're outside, a ditch is the best place to jump on short notice, anywhere that's low. You want to be as close to the group if you can if you aren't underground. Concrete is good.

The death toll is rising but this is the stuff that saves lives. We're all taught this as children here.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Wow my sister lives a few miles from where the tornado hit, and there was one last year she could see from her apartment. Time to get out of Oklahoma.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Jesus christ, those pictures....

Question to people who live in tornado territory. Do they teach you to like get out of your car and take shelter and stuff? Because in that article it was talking about a women who took shelter in a 7/11. Like wouldn't just booking it in your car if you're already out and about be possible, or do the tornados really move that quick?
Quote by WCPhils
Jesus christ, those pictures....

Question to people who live in tornado territory. Do they teach you to like get out of your car and take shelter and stuff? Because in that article it was talking about a women who took shelter in a 7/11. Like wouldn't just booking it in your car if you're already out and about be possible, or do the tornados really move that quick?

They move faster than you'd think.

A car is the last place you want to be in next to out in the open. A tornado doesn't have to catch up to you to harm you. Debris can fly for miles and the wind near a tornado could easily push smaller vehicles off the road. She made the right choice.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
^that

Cars ain't shit for protection or for getting away unless you leave super quickly. You also have to factor in the traffic. If you know there is a tornado heading your way you probably will not be able to outrun it and you're safer going in a moderately sturdy place. Now it's likely that since the 7/11 got ****ed that you might have had a better chance trying to get away in your car, but that's just like saying "but there are a couple times when not wearing a seatbelt saves your life!"

It's always best to get to a place where you have a chance of not getting picked up as debris in 200 mph winds.

I can't really get over how crazy it looks.
I swear they always find some battered American flag in the rubble to take a picture of, every single time.

The craziest photos for me were the aerial photos that literally show the path of it, absolutely insane the power.

Did anyone else hear about the death count being much lower than they first thought? I haven't had the time to actually look up anything about that yet.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Yeah it's at like 24 now or something cuz communication has been bad I guess.
That's a great mistake though.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Why is that on any news site as a story?

That is news here.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Morphogenesis26
That atheists exis - oh. I get you, nevermind.

Gosh, I've had a really derpy brain day.

I kind of fear questions like that. Tons of reasonable people here but a lot of not so reasonable people and you never know where they'll pop up.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yeah. I can imagine it being here. I know people who would respond the same way as the girl did and others who would probably take it as opportunity to soapbox their opinions on national television.
Quote by desperatechris
In Norway we have tornados made from ice.

Sounds terrifying.

I'm laughing at our senators. They've opposed aid for stuff like hurricane Sandy and now they're saying this is "totally different" and people here will get aid. I can't wait until the next election.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Sounds terrifying.

I'm laughing at our senators. They've opposed aid for stuff like hurricane Sandy and now they're saying this is "totally different" and people here will get aid. I can't wait until the next election.

I don't entirely disagree with them, hurricanes allow plenty of advance notice, unlike tornadoes.

I don't think either group should get assistance beyond basic necessities like food and shelter. Gov't is responsible for the infrastructure, not individual property. If you live in Tornado alley and don't have insurance on your personal goods and property, that's a risk you chose to take.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at May 22, 2013,