Hello riffers, im in the process of putting together a live rig and some tips/guides would kick ass. i'm basically looking for advice on how the chain of pre amps/effects should be done optimally. heres the gear I have or will have for the entire rig. i'd like to note im trying to get the beefiest, heaviest, crunchiest, clear, compact and wet rythmn and lead tones out of this rig as much as humanly possible, with the ability to play any venue.

furman ac line regulator 549
shure wireless system 899
isp tech stereo pro rack g decimator 535
rocktron versa rack tuner 199
bbe 8812sonic maximizer 249
ibanez ts9
maxon analog delay 337
10 space rack case
peavey 5150 ll
orange ppc412

playing a dean deceiver and dcr caddilac

I would like to know the best order and set up for everything listed above. also if there is anything crucial that i dont have listed by all means inform me. should note that the delay pedal would be the only pedal on stage with the footswitch. a little clarity on all of this would be greatly appreciated
1979 YEAR OF THE HURRICANE BABY!
GSP Rush

GEAR (What I am currently using)
Guitar
Dimebag Darrell Signature ML
Amp
Peavey 5150 II
Cab
Orange PPC 412
Pedal(s)
Ibanez TS9 TubeScreamer
ISP Decimator
You could probably replace the Sonic Maximizer with an EQ and get better results.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Also save some money and find a used line 6 g50 for your wireless.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
what is the best EQ/compressor? i'm looking for a pedal that makes the sounds as clear as possible. it would probably go right after the noise gate correct? if there are multiple pedals that do the same job and its simply a price difference then im all ears.

as for another wireless im not looking to save money when it comes to this. this is an investment to make the greatest sounding guitar rig possible lol. i'll weigh all available options
1979 YEAR OF THE HURRICANE BABY!
GSP Rush

GEAR (What I am currently using)
Guitar
Dimebag Darrell Signature ML
Amp
Peavey 5150 II
Cab
Orange PPC 412
Pedal(s)
Ibanez TS9 TubeScreamer
ISP Decimator
This is not my field of expertise whatsoever, so get some further input on this, but I think the biggest effect on your clarity is going to be your speakers, and then your pickups.

Anything you add in the chain between those is just going to work against clarity.

Just speculation though, I could be wrong.

Of course the amp is extremely important. The 5150/6505 is a great amp, I own one haha, but as far as amps go, there are a lot more "boutique" options out there that are just incredible.

If you're okay with spending a few grand anyway, maybe you should not spend so much on rack gear and invest in a new head?

That said I totally understand if you like the Peavey for it's roadworthiness. I feel the same way, hence why I'm so attracted to Peavey gear.

Additionally, I will say up front that I am no live playing guru, I don't have enough experience playing out of the house to really say anything about the subject definitively, but I have been to a relative ****ton of shows, and seeing the gear they are using, I think it's safe to say that how well you cut through and how well you're mixed with the other instruments is completely in the hands of the guy behind the board. And I've been to tons of shows from $10 to $100 a ticket, and the regular sound guys OFTEN do a BAD job. The only show where I was actually impressed and extremely satisfied with the sound was Evanescence sometime last year. I've seen bands in the same exact venue after the fact have the typical BS mixing.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at May 20, 2013,
No rack is complete without a Quadraverb.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Well if youre comfortable with spending that much then sure. Your clarity will determine on how well youre mixed and how you setup your eq.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"