I have just had a guitar commissioned for selling under my own Brand name which may interest a few people!
My aim was to build a rock guitar which is traditional but with a twist.
My starting point was the LP shape which I adore, additional contouring to the neck heel and rib area as on some high end LPs was also added.
Woods were also kept traditional - mahoghany body with maple cap and maple set neck.
Where things get different are instead of the normal rosewood darkwood fretboard ive gone for a tinted maple fretboard (to give a brighter sound) with a flying V style headstock.
Hardware is all gold including floyd rose.
Electronics are superstrat style humbucker, single coil, single coil with 5 way selector and vol/tone/tone controls.
The flamed maple body cap is tinted amber as in the fretboard.
The back of the body & neck are a deep red tint.
I have received the prototype and pics are on my website - www.phsdesigns.co.uk
Production models will have a 24 fret neck (proto was 22), MOP "SABIN" inlay on the headstock in place of Black silk screen and control knobs will be more spaced out towards the trem to allow violining etc.
See what you think!
Looks nice!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I don't think the headstock and the body matches really well, might work if the headstock just was a bit smaller. Other than that it's really nice. Good you figured out that the knobs should be gold and further away from each other.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
The contoured heel seems comfortable and the headstock/body combo reminds me of the Gibson Marauder. However, I couldn't buy a Les Paul that's not high gloss!
REGGIE
It's very similar to the Kramer Assault 211-FR. I actually like the Kramer design better, but it's cool to have more flavors of Floyded HSS LP's around.

It looks cool but I must point out that there are spelling mistakes on the site and the banner looks cramped.

I think the guitar looks cool, I'd be interested to play it.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at May 21, 2013,
I came here expecting a 'What guitar should I buy?' thread and was about to propose the Kramer Assault; I prefer this thread though :p

The heel contour does look nice, as does the plethora of warm colours in the design (maple neck, gold hardware, honeyburst flame). Personally I never liked Gibson style V headstocks.

I'm curious about hardware because I know some licensed double locking tremolo systems can be a pain. Also curious given you went for a HSS config why you didn't squeeze in an extra 2 frets, ala Joe Satriani?

Well done :-)
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Quote by barnesybaby
Also curious given you went for a HSS config why you didn't squeeze in an extra 2 frets, ala Joe Satriani?

Seems he's got it covered!
Quote by PSABIN8951

Production models will have a 24 fret neck (proto was 22)
REGGIE
I didn't see that. My bad!
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Yup, definitely a lot like the Kramer. Few other companies in the 80s made some, I remember the guys from Skid Row and Richie Sambora using HSS, HSH and HHH LPs with Floyds/Kahlers. ESP make one for the Japanese and Russian markets, too.

But yeah, hey, looks nice enough. £400 for a tricked-out LP makes me suspicious (I'd assume this is MIC which is an instant no for me) and 24 frets murders tone, but there's definitely a market for these things.

Just a word of warning, you can write "NO OTHER COMPANY CAN OFFER THIS!!!" on your site if you want, but several companies would beg to differ.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Yup, definitely a lot like the Kramer. Few other companies in the 80s made some, I remember the guys from Skid Row and Richie Sambora using HSS, HSH and HHH LPs with Floyds/Kahlers. ESP make one for the Japanese and Russian markets, too.

But yeah, hey, looks nice enough. £400 for a tricked-out LP makes me suspicious (I'd assume this is MIC which is an instant no for me) and 24 frets murders tone, but there's definitely a market for these things.

Just a word of warning, you can write "NO OTHER COMPANY CAN OFFER THIS!!!" on your site if you want, but several companies would beg to differ.

That's one of the funniest things you've posted lately, the idea that an extra 2 frets can 'murder tone'...

Funny stuff!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
From what I've read about it previously it's this thing about optimal harmonics where the neck pickup sits. Which is where the 24th fret would be on a 24 fret guitar.

It's meant to be the best place for sound to be picked up at the neck position. So with 24 frets the neck, middle and bridge positions are pushed back, resulting in what some people describe as either less than perfect tone or a brighter tone.

I think it's bullshit. Murder tone? I haven't noticed it.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Get two guitars for similar-spec with roughly the same sort of set up. Just have one with 21 or 22 frets and the other 24. The tone of the neck pickup is significantly different and the tone of the middle pickup (if the guitar has one) is also noticeably changed. Only time it doesn't really make a difference is with SGs and similar doublecut styles which already have the neck pickup further back to allow for a sturdy neck join.

Two frets I'll use once every two years or a neck tone worth a damn, I know which I'm picking.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Get two guitars for similar-spec with roughly the same sort of set up. Just have one with 21 or 22 frets and the other 24. The tone of the neck pickup is significantly different and the tone of the middle pickup (if the guitar has one) is also noticeably changed. Only time it doesn't really make a difference is with SGs and similar doublecut styles which already have the neck pickup further back to allow for a sturdy neck join.

Two frets I'll use once every two years or a neck tone worth a damn, I know which I'm picking.

I can think of any of several things that can significantly alter tone, none of them subject to an objective measurement of 'better' or 'worse'.

'Different' only automagically equates to 'bad' if you're a bigot, racist or somesuch, which is most certainly not the impression I get from you...

Tone is, within pretty broad parameters, subjective.

Is it your serious contention that if I posted 20 sound clips that you could without fail pick out which were recorded using a 24 fret guitar?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by MrFlibble

You're like reverse Ed Roman.
REGGIE
Namor De?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
This is a bit too close to advertising for this forum - please post in Guitar Building and Customizing, and provide pictures within the post instead of linking to your website. Thanks!