Hey guys, im gonna buy a soldering iron for some occasional guitar modding. What would be a good wattage to look for? What about temperature? Would something like this be adequate?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Its an all right soldering iron i use the same one for the occasional pickup swap.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Ok so i bought it, soldered the two output jack wires to the volume pot and the grounding wire leading from the trem claw to one of the volume pot tabs. Plugged in the guitar, and...nothing. Any ideas what i've done wrong?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Doesn't the ground(sleeve) wire from the output jack go to the tone knob?
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
Quote by Acϵ♠
Ok so i bought it, soldered the two output jack wires to the volume pot and the grounding wire leading from the trem claw to one of the volume pot tabs. Plugged in the guitar, and...nothing. Any ideas what i've done wrong?

Normally you would solder the trem claw ground to the back of the volume pot, not a tab on the pot

Did you accidentally solder the trem claw ground to either one of the two volume hot tabs?
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Quote by Acϵ♠

Whereabouts did you wire the output jack wires? You might be better off uploading a picture.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
Whereabouts did you wire the output jack wires? You might be better off uploading a picture.

i soldered them directly onto the pot. im going to try and resolder the ground wire to a tone pot or volume pot and not the tab and see if that works.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.