I'm new here. My question is, since I'm getting a Blackstar Series One Amp (haven't decided the exact model) will it work with a very clean tight metal tone? Right now I have a solid state Acoustic G120H and it sounds sloppy and choppy because the gain it has or gets isn't sufficient. Any advice or experience with this set up?
Attachments:
DV019_Jpg_Regular_H74092_front.jpg
128901348-260x260-0-0_line+6+line6+pod+hd500+b+stock.jpg
That amp will be perfect for what you want, however with you description there I would make sure you get the 6l6 model as it's a bit tighter and better suited to metal.
A podHD500 is completely pointless once you have that setup, if you're set on a multi effects pedal then go for the line 6 m13 however you'd be better off buying individual pedals.
Quote by harrisonatsix
That amp will be perfect for what you want, however with you description there I would make sure you get the 6l6 model as it's a bit tighter and better suited to metal.
A podHD500 is completely pointless once you have that setup, if you're set on a multi effects pedal then go for the line 6 m13 however you'd be better off buying individual pedals.

So apart from having the HD500, I need the m13? Is this to set it up as a MIDI controller for my effects?

EDIT: The M13 is also an amp modeler so were you recommending it or you're saying that it works better? I already have the HD500.

EDIT 2: Apart from all the discussion between HD500 and M13, will the sound produced come out as "professional?" Depending on adjustments, is this set up (HD500 and 1046L6) versatile as to getting tones alike from numerous bands?
Last edited by e.rodriguez0705 at May 21, 2013,
The M13 is similar it just has higher quality effects and a much easier ui and setup which is easier to use on stage, it is more like an all in one pedalboard, it doesn't have the amp modelling of the hd500 however this is unnecessary with the series one amps as you can record them with the emulated output
Yes but the onboard effects are generally weaker particularly the distortions so for boosting the amp I would buy a separate tubescreamer and not use the onboard model, also be careful to make sure all amp, cab and mic simulations are off as this will ruin the sound of your amp.
Quote by harrisonatsix
Yes but the onboard effects are generally weaker particularly the distortions so for boosting the amp I would buy a separate tubescreamer and not use the onboard model, also be careful to make sure all amp, cab and mic simulations are off as this will ruin the sound of your amp.

No. The Pod HD series incorporate effects directly from the M series. The quality is the same.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Will the 4CM change anything between quality of the effects or does it help just for time-based effects?
Quote by e.rodriguez0705
Will the 4CM change anything between quality of the effects or does it help just for time-based effects?

Its "better" for time based and modulation effects to be in the effect loop. I put all my modulation and time effects after my preamp so I get cleaner separation in the effects and I prefer the sound.

There is however nothing wrong with having your modulation and time effects before your preamp.

Its just a matter of preference. No right or wrong way about it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.