Hi everyone! I'm looking for guitar with Floyd Rose and both of this guitars (ESP LTD MH 50, BC Rich Warbeast Trace T) have same price in my country (yeah, I'm from Russia, sorry for my English, pls^^). I've listen to the recordings of both guitars. In your opinion which is better!?
The budget for the guitar is around $300-400
As far as cheap guitars are concerned, LTD.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I usually like the LTDs. They have a better track record as far as affordable guitars go. But that BC rich is very nice looking with the white stripe and beveled edge. Play it first if you can to see if the shape is ok.
The features are the same on both, though the pickups may be higher output on the BC Rich, if you understand what I mean.
Last edited by ryanbwags at May 21, 2013,
whatever guitar sounds good to you brother, its all about what sounds good to your ears. If you are able to try both of them at the shop and walk out with the one that sounds good to you. In my opinion, LTD is the way to go.
Go used. If $300-400 is your budget, you can get MUCH better guitars on the used market. I paid $400 for my Viper-1000. To give you an idea, the 50 is an entry-level LTD model. The 1000 series is the top of the line. I bet you could find a $400 MH1000 somewhere used (well, maybe not in Europe I guess).

Even in Russia, there have got to be better guitars in the same price range on the used market. Used MH-300, something like that.

I wouldn't take a cheap BC Rich if you paid me.
You should avoid ultra-cheap guitars with Floyd Roses at all costs. They wont hold tune, they wont sound good (due to less sustain and cheap materials of the FR) and they wont be fun to set up.

IF you want a FR you can actually USE, then you should start looking at guitars above 500$.
Quote by ryanbwags
I usually like the LTDs. They have a better track record as far as affordable guitars go. But that BC rich is very nice looking with the white stripe and beveled edge. Play it first if you can to see if the shape is ok.
The features are the same on both, though the pickups may be higher output on the BC Rich, if you understand what I mean.

The thing is, when it comes to cheap guitars BC Rich is infamous for its abysmal track record where with LTD you can score a really nice and well built one. But thats still a matter of luck, QC is always poor with cheap guitars so its better to test one first instead of shooting blind online.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
The thing is, when it comes to cheap guitars BC Rich is infamous for its abysmal track record where with LTD you can score a really nice and well built one. But thats still a matter of luck, QC is always poor with cheap guitars so its better to test one first instead of shooting blind online.

With the cheaper LTDs that I've seen being setup at the local store are far from poor QC. They generally have everything in a neat shape. A bit of sharp fret ends, but that's relatively small to some entry-level guitars which need an entire new setup, that can take up to 30 minutes from an experienced luthier.

I'd say that if you were to buy online and you want a good entry-level guitar go for either Squier Affinity (they have a great setup as well) or LTD M-50 or EC-50 or whatever they make in that category. The FR model of the LTD might be a bit too much, I wouldn't go for that, but if I remember right there is a standard tremolo bridge version of that. However, if you go online, you might end up with an atrocious one, cause it might have been in storage for many months. So as suggested, go test one, buy it, walk out with it.

As suggested above, going used could be the better option, but then again, you should really know what you want.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Tnx for everyone. I've listened to both guitars and both sounds good. About Floyd Rose - At first jam I can't understand which Floyd rose is crap and maybe anyone say their opinions about this guitars).
In conclusion: BCRich is **** crap (but pickups BDSM probably better than ltd-100), LTD is better and universal (for metal^^)
Quote by Sakke

I'd say that if you were to buy online and you want a good entry-level guitar go for either Squier Affinity

Squier was my first guitar) For this moment I want some squealing floyd rose)
Quote by olgerd666
Tnx for everyone. I've listened to both guitars and both sounds good. About Floyd Rose - At first jam I can't understand which Floyd rose is crap and maybe anyone say their opinions about this guitars).
In conclusion: BCRich is **** crap (but pickups BDSM probably better than ltd-100), LTD is better and universal (for metal^^)

Cheap BCRich is crap cashing in with the metal looks and status, but expensive ones can be very good.

And about Floyd Rose, unless the Floyd is made by Schaller or Gotoh, it can safely considered crap though there are exceptions. The thing with cheap Licensed Floyds is not that they do not work but they wear down fast and stop staying in tune. Floyds made by Schaller and Gotoh are quite expensive so you dont see them in cheap guitars.

With the cheaper LTDs that I've seen being setup at the local store are far from poor QC. They generally have everything in a neat shape. A bit of sharp fret ends, but that's relatively small to some entry-level guitars which need an entire new setup, that can take up to 30 minutes from an experienced luthier.

Thats why I did recommend LTD, they have better track record + my own experience with the F50 I have.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I have one schaller FR) The story is starting from it) I want guitar with any FR, and change it to my Schaller.
Sorry., what is mean "QC"?!
Quote by olgerd666
I have one schaller FR) The story is starting from it) I want guitar with any FR, and change it to my Schaller.
Sorry., what is mean "QC"?!

Quality Control.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
QC is "Quality Check" the last person at the factory to touch the guitar before it gets packed and shipped out the door, so to speak.
Quote by MaaZeus
Quality Control.

Quote by ryanbwags
QC is "Quality Check" the last person at the factory to touch the guitar before it gets packed and shipped out the door, so to speak.

Tnx)
I've got the MH-50 actually, as far as the floyd staying in tune it will for a while but as the hardware begins to wear you'll notice it won't stay in tune as much as it did before. the locking nuts and saddles wear pretty easily. I ended up blocking it cos I just got tired of maintaining it. However it sounds great unplugged and looks real nice, the pickups are abit muddy but they're decent and will give you that high-gain metal sound. If it's this vs a bc rich go with the ltd for sure just because ltd's tend to be better quallity
My shitty gear:
Vox AD30VT-XL
Danelectro Fab Metal
Zoom 505 II
ESP Ltd MH-50
Is there anyway to change ESP LTD Floyd Rose Special to Schaller Floyd Rose!? I hear that they are different and replace each other(