I bought a used Jackson Performer PS-4 awhile ago and was pretty ok for the price, but aside from the crappy pickups, the Floyd rose tremolo was in bad shape. Most of the screws and whatnot had been worn out so was thinking about replacing until i can get a high quality guitar when i deserve it. Anyway i was wondering what would be best for this guitar and still perform well? It doesn't have to be a Floyd Rose either.
http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

info there on the jackson trems and what's a direct swap (that's not my site so i haven't corroborated all that info, use it at your own risk)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Don't know 'bout the other stuff, but it has to be a floyd rose or something similar (don't know bout the ibanez edge series), since nothing else fits in the large hole needed for a floyd.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
^ yeah, still far better than nothing
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just replace the Floyd Rose. The patent on them recently expired, and there are quite a few versions that used to be listed as "licensed" FR's that are now less expensive because they're not required to add license fees to the price. Fact is, the OFRs that go to Gibson and Fender are produced on one of two manufacturing lines in Korea, and there are none-FR brands that are produced right alongside them (only the stamping is different) that are the same but much less expensive.

You might consider picking up one of the Floyd Upgrades (or other brand) brass sustain blocks while you're at it; you might decide that you really like the difference in sound.