Can anybody help me?

I have an old Mustaine King V with a Bill Lawrence at the Neck, and upgraded to a SD Invader at the bridge. Just refinished it, installing a Megaswitch P Model.

I can only find wiring diagrams that contain ONE volume and ONE tone pot for this circuit.

A confused StewMac customer service guy told me on the phone to just splice the 2 volume pots into the hot wire between the pup and corrosponding switch terminal, and send the hot out of the switch to the tone pot (and on to the output jack).

This, did not work. Volume knobs didn't function properly, and the tone knob basically became a 'master' volume for the whole shebang.

Any help? I'm gonna TRY and draw up a diagram of the mess I made.
I will post back in a few with one. Each pup has a volume and the tone is for both.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_2v_1t_3w
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at May 21, 2013,
Thanks, dude. That diagram is exactly how my V was originally wired. It's not so straight forward as just dropping the Megaswitch in place of the 3 way they show there. Or, at least, when I tried, it didn't work.

I actually need to take a step back here, as my Neck Pickup doesn't seem to be functioning right. The Bill Lawrence pups have a different color scheme from Duncan and I have to make sure I didn't screw that up. I either swapped some wires, or I damaged a coil when I tried to open it and flip over the magnet. Oy.
I missed the mega switch part. Not firmiliar with that. I'll have to take a peak.

Basically the tone should be wired on the switch output.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.