Ok so I just got the new peavey vypyr VIP 2 amp in the mail today, it's a solid state.

I hooked it up and was playing it when the entire neighborhoods power went out, the power surged back on before I could react and the amp started going nuts making noise until the power went out "permanently" for lack of a better term. The power is currently out.

Should I be worried? Is it broken? I hope not? Please?
You can't know for sure until you get power back. But I guess since you got it today you could claim it never worked....
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by ibanezguitars44 at May 21, 2013,
wait till the power is restored then check.
If it is broke send it back.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
buy a surge protector.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
When the power comes on how do I know nothing's broken, is it just if it turns on you're in business?

As far as it being broken I have a warranty. My main concern is not noticing something wrong.
when you can test it, if it works, go through every setting an function. It will take a little while, but it is a new amp and I'm sure you want to see what it can do.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate