I'm planning on taking my jackson off ebay and recommissioning it as my main guitar in a metal-styled band I'm gonna be starting up. Thing is, I don't want the floyd rose in there anymore. And just blocking it off won't do for me anymore. I've seen Paul Gilbert's old ibbys he used to used with a floyd rose have been filled with wood and and made a NT guitar for when he uses them now. I'm considering doing this to my jackson but I wanted to see if there are other options out there (besides buying a new guitar entirely) and how much it's going to cost me. And as always, any and all help is greatly appreciated guys
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
It is so hard to do that it is not worth it. Why not block it with AVH bars, for example?
It's such an incredible waste of time, money and effort to change the bridge style in your guitar. Especially going from routed to non-routed. You're best off blocking or getting a new guitar. new guitar is what you originally intended it seems. However blocking a tremolo is incredibly easy and cheap provided you have tools or know someone with tools to get the right sized blocks. It's also very cost effective in this scenario.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
It's such an incredible waste of time, money and effort to change the bridge style in your guitar. Especially going from routed to non-routed. You're best off blocking or getting a new guitar. new guitar is what you originally intended it seems. However blocking a tremolo is incredibly easy and cheap provided you have tools or know someone with tools to get the right sized blocks. It's also very cost effective in this scenario.

I've had the thing blocked for about a year now, but it's just that the licensed floyd rose on it is such a tone sucking POS it's not even funny. Brand new strings sound dull moments after putting them on :/
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
In that case I highly suggest getting a new guitar. If you need to sell your current one to get some decent budget for a new one, then so be it. Don't polish a turd. That's the phrase I use here seeing as you personally don't like it though it isn't really a turd by any means.

I totally know what you mean though, I have a tremolo Jackson and a Tune-o-matic style bridge guitar with the same pickup set and they still have a different tone.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
I had the same problem....ended up buying the non-trem version of the guitar I had
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)