Hi, i am planning to buy a new guitar but i just cant decide what to buy. Ive been playing for about 2-3 years and i want something with heavy metal and hard rock sound and something that last long and sounds good and also looks sick. I like Metallica, Avanged Sevenfold, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, GNR etc. I was thinking of Gibson les paul studio or Schecter blackjack sls or schecter syn gates custom. I am looking for something with a price tag around 700-900 euros or 1200 - 1400 dollars. What would you reccomend? I would be really glad if you help. Have a nice day.
I dont have a really good amp atm i have a small yamaha amp which came with a guitar. I was planning to also buy a good amp when buying a new guitar. What would you reccommend as amp?
What gear do you currently have? Just giving you a heads up that this is probably going to turn in to you getting a new amp thread. To be honest you are going to get more of the sound you are after by upgrading your amp rather then getting a better guitar.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I have a black yamaha electro guitar but i dont remember its model, it isnt a really good one and its about 3 years old, i had got it when i first started guitar, and didnt have time or money to upgrade my electro guitar gear since then. The amp came with the guitar its a tiny amp and it doesnt make a really good sound. I want to buy a new guitar because as i said, my guitar is really old and its a beginners guitar. Also, my guitar broke few times and i had to repair it and it keeps making problems.
Thanks for the info. To be honest you can drop a large chunk of money on a guitar and play it through the amp you have and it will never sound the way you want it to and you will be unhappy.

My suggestion would be to split your fund up and look to buy a new amp and another guitar. I would say that going used would be the best way to go.

If this sounds like something that works for you then just give us more information and you will get a lot of help.

Budget? Location? Music Styles (whose style/tone do you like, gets us in the ball park for amps)?

My suggestion would be to spend a bigger chunk on your amp than your guitar. Then again that's just my recommendation.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
Line 6 M13
Umm, i dont prefer buying used, its just a personal thing. I live in Turkey. I mentioned my music styles and the budget for the guitar when i created this thread so you can see it if you scroll up. For the amp, i can spare around 1000tl which makes around 600-700$ which i think would be enough for a good amp.
are you buying locally or willing to buy online?

basically thinking about thomann here, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You should be able to get a good amp for 600-700. I would suggest since you are making an upgrade from a beginner amp possibly looking at the Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 combo. Covers a wide range of musical genres and is a pretty solid amp with built in effects. This should be a huge jump up in the world for you.
Line 6 M13
Dave, i am planning to buy locally, as it would be much easier if i face any problems and i dont prefer buying expensive and big things like this from the internet.
bobafettacheeese, i chacked the reviews for the amp you suggested,people seem to like it, it has a nice price too, but i havent decided yet, waiting for a few more suggestions.
no worries, that's your call

I dunno what prices and availability are like in turkey, though, so i can't really help
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm going to confuse things, take the opposite tack and suggest that you go ahead, get a very good guitar and let the amp be another purchase down the line. You can get two mediocre pieces now or you can get one good one now and a good one (the amp) later. My personal mantra is "buy once." My first guitar, purchased long ago, is still with me and has been around the world (literally) with me twice.