Since my prototypes came out so well, i decided to make it my main shape, and what i will make most often.

My supplier is out of good mahogany for now. So i figured i would go in a little bit different direction for now.

I got some alder and maple. These will be the new painted models. Specs to come soon!

Edit: Damnit, now I want popcorn.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Damn those look awesome! I cannot find a decent wood supplier here in QLD, Australia for the life of me but looking at these bad boys makes me want to try a little harder.
I'm glad you're sticking with that shape. I really like it

Can't wait to see what you do with these!
As always bad ass. I will be dropping in for pictures often.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Woah!! I want it!
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
That burst is awesome.

Quote by von Layzonfon
Not only are your guitars immaculate, your lawn is better than mine too.

Explorerbuilder's lawn is the stuff of legend. I think every time I've wandered into GB&C and saw one of his threads, people were talking about his lawn.

How much do your guitars run, usually?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Saw that this morning on Facey-B. Beautiful!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Looks good as always. Where do you get your veneers if you don't mind me asking?
So,
I used a new finish on this one. It is the target coatings acrylic lacquer.
A quick review:
It is decent, but really doesnt spray nearly as smooth as other finishes.
You have to wait much much longer between coats than poly. Making a spray job a whole day event.
It is nice to be able to clean up with water though.
Explorer, have you tried the KTM water based finished from LMI? I have only used it by brushing it on but found it to flow out very nicely and was able to buff it out to a mirror finish with little effort. Have not sprayed it yet. I find it easier to spend a little more time with 400 grit than it is to repeatedly clean the spray gun.

I have used the Target WB that Target had added white pigment to for spraying a kitchen island for my parents. That went on very nicely but my reading of the Target when clear is that many people had issues with it being milky/cloudy.
that is a nice lawn no doubt.

great bursts.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by divinorum69
really nice finishes! I remember you from back when i was active here.

Can you remind me why you sell them as is?

Thanks.
I dont have a real "reason" for why i sell them like this. Mainly because if i put them together it takes much longer, and the profit really isnt even much more.
that seems like a good way to go to me.

that way the buyer can decide on the level of quality/price/preference of hardware and pups etc.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Rusty_Chisel
Explorer, have you tried the KTM water based finished from LMI? I have only used it by brushing it on but found it to flow out very nicely and was able to buff it out to a mirror finish with little effort. Have not sprayed it yet. I find it easier to spend a little more time with 400 grit than it is to repeatedly clean the spray gun.

I have used the Target WB that Target had added white pigment to for spraying a kitchen island for my parents. That went on very nicely but my reading of the Target when clear is that many people had issues with it being milky/cloudy.

I havnt used KTM. I normally dont order finishes since it costs way more, but i had a credit for stew mac so i picked up the EM7000.

All waterbased finishes are a milky white. I have experienced some having a strange almost florescent tint when it dries. The EM doenst seem to have that so far.

I do a combination of both re spraying and level sanding. Its tough with pointy guitars and bevels. You barley hit the corner with sandpaper and it sands through. So constantly have to re spray.