Page 1 of 2
hello fellow pit dwellers,

so i live in Washington, in about a month i will be moving away to Colorado

i have never lived anywhere outside this area, and am kind of excited to move, but at the same time really bummed because i wont be able to see all the wonderful people i have come to know over the years, and the idea of moving to a new place where i know absolutely nobody scares the shit out of me. not that meeting new people is a bad thing... but i'm not exactly the type of person to throw themselves out there when it comes to being social/meeting new people.

i guess i'm just seeing if anyone has had similar experiences.. moving away from their hometown/area and how it turned out for them. i'm sure there's plenty of you out there who can relate?
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence
You don't need to be social when you have an online community like us who loves you.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
i had a shakeup as far as my home life goes a little bit ago and was considering doing the same. but i ended up just moving into the ghetto. good luck.
I moved away from New York City when I was 18 to the other side of the country Arizona. I thought I was in another world. Eventually you get used to it. Embrace where you are and keep yourself busy and happy with new people around you.

Life is good.

Also, dat legal weed yo.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I've never lived in a town for more than a few years. In fact, I've been to well over 10 different public schools all throughout my short life. The most enjoyable thing, is getting to meet new people, and make new memories. Change is good, embrace it.
I may be moving to Texas within a couple months. I have to go somewhere because I'll have nowhere to stay permanently in New York because my family's moving and f paying rent in this city. I ain't scared though.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I lived in Indiana my whole life, and was generally unhappy. I moved to Houston when I was 16 and it's one of the most important things I've done in my life. When you're thrown into a new environment, it really shows you who you are as a person and what you're capable of. I've since moved back to Indiana, but the experiences and knowledge I gained from starting fresh gave me a new perspective on life.

Humans need change in their lives to learn and grow. Otherwise, you just get bored with your life, which can lead to unhappiness or bad decision making.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I moved away from Windsor, ON to Ottawa, ON for school and I have to say it was the best decision ever. People who live in the same city forever never get to experience anything else and have the same lives since high school. Make the best of it and keep your old friends and you will meet new people. Good times ahead, enjoy!
thanks for the positive feedback guys, i have been really on the fence about this whole ordeal, and i have been needing to vent on this whole situation for a while.

Really the main thing i worry about most is meeting new people and loosing the people i have grown up with, and even recent friendships made.. it almost feels like.. to me anyways that i haven't had enough time here to make those cherishable experiences and memorys with the people i care most for..
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence
Quote by Nelsean
Also, dat legal weed yo.

He's moving from Washington bro.

Yeah, TS, just deliberately estrange yourself from all your friends and family. It's really not hard. I've done it many times, just recently in fact.

Of course I'm a heartless bastard as well.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by MiseryMonster
thanks for the positive feedback guys, i have been really on the fence about this whole ordeal, and i have been needing to vent on this whole situation for a while.

Really the main thing i worry about most is meeting new people and loosing the people i have grown up with, and even recent friendships made.. it almost feels like.. to me anyways that i haven't had enough time here to make those cherishable experiences and memorys with the people i care most for..

then don't leave just yet....sounds like you aren't quite ready.
im really jealous of people that get to leave and start over. id absolutely love to do that but things stop me from ever doing that.
I really wish I could do that, there's just too much risk for me in not being able to find a job and place to live in time, then im f&cke$d. Northwest looks looks beautiful. Is it pricey?
Quote by Unourrit01
im really jealous of people that get to leave and start over. id absolutely love to do that but things stop me from ever doing that.

This is why we don't knock up our high school girlfriend.

(I apologize if that's what actually happened).
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by pugachev
I really wish I could do that, there's just too much risk for me in not being able to find a job and place to live in time, then im f&cke$d. Northwest looks looks beautiful. Is it pricey?

The northwest is a great place, western washington is really rainy, but the air here is crisp and the environment here is nice.. as far as pricing goes it depends.. i have lived here my whole life so i really don't have anything to compare it to.. but i have heard from others that alot of things up here are more spendy compared to other places. also, the population here is starting to get out of hand.
Quote by snipelfritz
This is why we don't knock up our high school girlfriend.

(I apologize if that's what actually happened).

lol no. its almost a boredom thing. going through the motions, seeing the same people every day, etc.
Quote by Unourrit01
lol no. its almost a boredom thing. going through the motions, seeing the same people every day, etc.

If you don't like your life, change it. It's that simple. High-risk, high-reward.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Unourrit01

How does being bored with where you are stop you from going somewhere else? If anything it should facilitate it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
thats not whats stopping me, thats the cause of me wanting to get out. there are a few reasons i cant leave. 1 being a minor health problem that could turn major.
I've lived in Alaska, Washington, Texas, Illinois, Maryland and this is my third and longest stint in a heavenly paradise known as Cleveland, Ohio. Call me crazy but I like Cleveland. Shitty teams, good people, great city, **** the haters

Is there a state more similar to Washington than Colorado? You're just trading sea for sea level, either way, at least the air is clean
Last edited by lucky1978 at May 23, 2013,
Quote by Unourrit01
thats not whats stopping me, thats the cause of me wanting to get out. there are a few reasons i cant leave. 1 being a minor health problem that could turn major.

You need to be like Nike and just do it.
You need to be like Burger King and have it your way.
You need to be like McDonald's and say I'm lovin' this.
You need to be like Yu Gi Oh and believe in the heart of the cards whatever they may be.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
I've moved the majority of my life (crazy hippie/gypsy parents taking me in a trailer through the west coast, then Europe). It can be daunting at first, but take every moment to appreciate the new surroundings, and go with an open mind. I recently moved from Napa, Ca to Dallas, Tx (long story) and though the weather sucks, I find little treasures that make this place awesome. Like Korea Town.
I will be doing the same hopefully whenever I graduate in about a year or so. It's scary but you gotta do it sometime. The good thing about not knowing anybody or whatever is that you basically have no choice but to force yourself to make connections. Fight or flight.

good luck
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by voncameron
I've moved the majority of my life (crazy hippie/gypsy parents taking me in a trailer through the west coast, then Europe). It can be daunting at first, but take every moment to appreciate the new surroundings, and go with an open mind. I recently moved from Napa, Ca to Dallas, Tx (long story) and though the weather sucks, I find little treasures that make this place awesome. Like Korea Town.

That's a strange move, Texas is a weird land of cowboy boots and cheese heroin, far removed from the the pomp of california
Quote by Nelsean
I moved away from New York City when I was 18 to the other side of the country Arizona. I thought I was in another world. Eventually you get used to it. Embrace where you are and keep yourself busy and happy with new people around you.

Life is good.

Also, dat legal weed yo.

Did you meet your wife in Arizona?
Quote by bradulator
I will be doing the same hopefully whenever I graduate in about a year or so. It's scary but you gotta do it sometime. The good thing about not knowing anybody or whatever is that you basically have no choice but to force yourself to make connections. Fight or flight.

good luck

damn it people quit using this in the wrong context
Quote by due 07
damn it people quit using this in the wrong context

How is it in the wrong context
Quote by due 07
which action is the "fight" and which the "flight" in this scenario

"fight" is you fight your way to success by making connections and stuff and "flight" is succumbing to your fear and running away and/or not trying to succeed

I didn't mean it by its textbook definition anyway. It's just a couple of nice words to say "in a survivalist situation you either try and succeed or you don't try and fail" which applies to leaving a comfortable situation to one thousands of miles away from home in a world with no acquaintances.
I've never really settled anywhere. I never actually stayed in one country for more than 5 or 6 years, come to think of it. So yeah, I never had that one house to come back to that'd remind me of all my childhood. It's just a big sandbox. I've been fighting to leave ever since I was 9. It will not at all be scary but exciting and the greatest thing ever.
Quote by bradulator
I didn't mean it by its textbook definition anyway. It's just a couple of nice words to say "in a survivalist situation you either try and succeed or you don't try and fail" which applies to leaving a comfortable situation to one thousands of miles away from home in a world with no acquaintances.

but that isn't what it means, not even analogically. u might have been looking for "do or die."
it is pretty much what it means
Quote by bradulator
it is pretty much what it means

no because there is no normative difference between fight or flight. they just are. however, "do" is better than "die." so i'm right you're wrong.
Quote by due 07
no because there is no normative difference between fight or flight. they just are. however, "do" is better than "die." so i'm right you're wrong.

What if not being able to "fight" in x place ended up being a good thing? Why do either of em have to be good or bad?
Quote by Masquirina
Are you moving from Seattle to Denver? I know a few people here. Sounds like a nice change, less rain.

Good luck

yea pretty much, im from a place called renton.. like 15-20 mins outside seattle.. im pretty sure ill be moving to a similar suburb 15-20 minutes outside denver.
Quote by bradulator
What if not being able to "fight" in x place ended up being a good thing?

that's the outcome, not the action.
Why do either of em have to be good or bad?

they don't, but you said the options were to
"fight your way to success by making connections and stuff"
-or-
"succumbing to your fear and running away and/or not trying to succeed"

one is good and one is bad.
Quote by blake1221
what if it didn't matter

don't be crazy.
Page 1 of 2