Started playing around and ended up writing this. It kind of sounds like black metal, but I don't think I'd really call it black metal. Either way, it's a LOT different than my other music.

Ignore the file name. I'm one of those guys that names a lot of stuff aksbjpoasiudfiopawmjpoi.
Attachments:
yayayayaya.gp5
yayayayaya.gpx
---------------------------
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#
I wouldn't say it's black metal. It sounds more Viking / Folk to be honest. There certainly is a black metal element in there, though. Definitely hear that just not as prominent in the early song.

The bridge is okay, I suppose. This is where the Viking element really returns, but could be executed a bit better in my opinion. Some of the notes are a little too flat. Flat certainly sounds well in the pattern, but try and find a happier medium in spots. Sometimes there's a note that isn't as flat but sounds better. This is one of those spots.

The parts after the 150 mark are sort of just free-flowing, but it makes them feel kind of endless. Certainly the black metal portion making a rise again, but I think if you looked a little more in the direction of symphonic black metal (with the rising harmonies) it would be a bit better.

Gotta say I love the gloomy melodic feeling, though.

Sorry if I don't make any sense my brain is fried.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
Last edited by DragTheWaters11 at May 23, 2013,
Wow I love this song. It's very melodic and has a great flow to it. The problem with a lot of amateur song writers on UG is that their songs are usually cluttered and don't flow very well but in this piece it seems each different part flows well nicely. Intro very nice gloomy melodic bit I like it a lot as an intro. I'm not going to review aspect of the song as it will take for ever. I will jts say the song as a whole it just works. The pieces work together well, you don't try overly hard to make it complex like some writers do. My favorite part is the chorus part. 9/10
Something, something, something... dark side.
Don't mean to talk down Gabriel's response, but a lot of flow did come from a lack of changing pace. The song was in the same tempo and signature throughout.
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God