Like the title says.

Has anyone successfully done this without mangling the pedal, shaft or chassis?

Im guessing with a ball and peen hammer and a flat punch? Or do I need a press?

I've already gutted the internals. Just need to be able to get the pedal pivot out

Any tips are welcome

cheers.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at May 23, 2013,
Just wrench the ****er off
Gear:
Epiphone SG Emily The Strange
Peavey Vypyr 75 with modded bat wing
Peavey Sanpera I
Ibanez AF-AF55
Quote by Daveyy666
Just wrench the ****er off

HA! I'd rather not

Anyone done this before?
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Quote by Phoenix V
HA! I'd rather not

Anyone done this before?

Yeah don't think that's be good
Gear:
Epiphone SG Emily The Strange
Peavey Vypyr 75 with modded bat wing
Peavey Sanpera I
Ibanez AF-AF55
Yeah, you just need to get a small diameter shaft of some description and use a hammer to push it out. I have done this before. Was a few years ago, mind. You have to do it the right way, though.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Yep, thanks

Used a flat head punch and hammer. Had to strike the pivot shaft from the flat bevelled end.

It took some doing. The pivot shaft is splined at the ends and wedged in really good all the way through.

Eventually it came apart.

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Yeah I remember it being splined. Oh well, all's well that ends well
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."