I can't tell you how many times I've been browsing at my local guitar store when I've almost picked a distortion pedal just because of the art in it. I really dig that stuff. Maybe it's just because I'm from Seattle and everybody is all about modern art here, but still, I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
pedal art is nice. but the sound is predominant.

+1.

At the end of the day you stomp on it.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

The best is when you get both great sound and looks, aka the mojo hand fx rook royale. Look it up.
i find myself gravitating towards or away from certain pedals heavily based on artwork/look/knob layout and the like. it seems silly but hey, whatever floats your (or my) boat right?

I do the same thing with amps/cabs and guitars too, and drum setups (although the way I would set it up look wise is basically the most comfortable way to play it for me, but for instance I hate kits with two rack toms mounted over the kick, even though they can be cool to play)
I'm trying to get into some etching - but I bought the wrong laser printer.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I find that I can be initially drawn to a pedal by the looks, but if it's not exactly what I want sound wise then the looks don't matter. I'm only buying something if it sounds the way I want it to sound.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I like mine. But I really don't have a large collection of pedals anyways. I need some more.

http://i.imgur.com/jXc4UwQ.jpg

DeadHorse Overdrive. It's a modded tubescreamer. It's been done to death. Beating a dead horse. It's a joke. Probably not a very good one. But the pedal is great.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by Cathbard
I'm trying to get into some etching - but I bought the wrong laser printer.

Don't ya just hate it when you do that
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

I specifically chose the colour of my korg tuner to give off a positive vibe to the rest of the board.

It also helps reduce latency & increases signal strength through good cooperation & unity.
If you're just getting started with pedals then artwork can be a big help. No more hitting the noise supressor and trying to tune up. I tend to rely on shapes and artwork to keep my feet in the right position. Helps a lot.

But as a collector, the artwork becomes even more important. It becomes like buying a guitar. Most of your purchase for a pedal is based on the sound, but it's always the ones with cool artwork that catch your attention.

Over the top artwork is a bit of a put-off, but if it sounds cool who cares?

I'm after one of these at the minute, and part of that is based on it's really cool design. I play indie music, who would know haha?

I love Z. Vex's artwork on his pedals and I love the crazy sounds. He seems like a really cool guy too.