I'm soon getting the Laney IRT 60W Tube head and I'm gonna play it through the matching 4x12 cabinet. On the amp it has a watt control which is basically an attentuator. When I'm playing at home I'll set it so I can get a good tone from low volumes, but when I'm playing gigs or playing with my band I'll match the watt control with the master volume. But I've heard that when the watt control is low and the master volume is higher is messes up the tubes and you have to re-bias them A LOT. Like every month or 2. Is this true? If it is, is there anything I can do to prevent this fom happening. Thanks.
Not true, the Ironheart is self biasing.

You can swap the 6L6's for EL34's and all you need to do is flick a switch!!
Im pretty sure the Laneys power variation control isnt an attenuator. Laney uses their own patented tech for the wattage control which Im not familiar with. the problems you mentioned are common with amps that have an attenuator because the thing stresses the power tubes alot. if what fergus said is true about the ironheart being self biasing, then you shouldnt have problems about any biasing.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1