Pretty self explanatory.

I have a strat that I want to route out for swimming pool after that I'm gonna put some metal buffers into the screw holes a plug on the ground wire and some bolts you can tighten by hand in place of the screws.

I'm doing this summer I can change my pickup configuration on the fly with no tools.

I have everything else figured up but I don't know how much it's gonna cost to get it routed and I feel like that's gonna be the big thing that costs money outside of the loaded guards
I've got an alternative idea you could try.

Buy a bunch of cheap pickguards, load all of your pickups into that, and then you can wire connectable leads on to the ends of each wire so that no soldering is required? The connector bits are like 10 cents a piece. That way you could still use screws, and flopping them around would be as easy as 11 screws and plugging in.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
I've got an alternative idea you could try.

Buy a bunch of cheap pickguards, load all of your pickups into that, and then you can wire connectable leads on to the ends of each wire so that no soldering is required? The connector bits are like 10 cents a piece. That way you could still use screws, and flopping them around would be as easy as 11 screws and plugging in.

I would be concerned about wearing out the threads in the holes. It's a very simple fix, but hardly ideal. Other than that small inconvinience, that would work though.

My preferred method is pretty much identical with the connectors and different pre-loaded pickguards, but I would personally suggest using some small magnets to hold the different pickguards in place. It would be a little more work, but I think it would give the best results. 11 screws isn't much work at all, but just taking one pickguard off and putting another on, with 0 screws would be even quicker.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by Carl6661
I would be concerned about wearing out the threads in the holes. It's a very simple fix, but hardly ideal. Other than that small inconvinience, that would work though.

thatas why im gonna use a buffer. i cant think of what their called but i picked up some metal pieces that have the holes you put the screws into and they have like a star pattern on the outside of them. this is so i dont strip out the screws. i found a plug for the ground at radio shack. and i found some screws that have like a raised up end on it alot like what i have on the back of my computer tower to be honest. im gonna put three in it. one on each corner except for the one closest to the neck pickup. (i might try a magnet for that one) the only reason im not putting magnets on all of them is because i like the industrial look of the screws i found. all i have to do is drill a bigger hole and hammer in the metal peices that wont strip.

then comes the big thing of routing the body out. which is essential since at the very least i want a pickguard with an hhh and an sss.

Routing out the body isn't a big deal. Pull everything off, get a router and a bit, put a couple of layers of blue painter tape on the body to prevent marks and go to town. Or take it a step further and do something like the photo, above <G>.
Last edited by dspellman at May 24, 2013,
Why do you want to switch pickups so often? Even if you do make it easier, it'll still be a hassle. You still need to remove the strings and mess with the wiring. It's not an "on the fly" thing.
thats what the plug is for and you can remove the pickguard without changing strings you just have to have your action a little higher than normal. (which im fine with)

why? whynot? it would be cool. why do people play bc rich guitars? because its definitly not for great craftsmanship or awesome sound. since both are decent at best. i want to do it because it would be cool to be able to change from a sss config to an hhh whenever i feel like playing something kind of heavy
Quote by dspellman

Routing out the body isn't a big deal. Pull everything off, get a router and a bit, put a couple of layers of blue painter tape on the body to prevent marks and go to town. Or take it a step further and do something like the photo, above <G>.

that is really cool lol. only downside is thats alot of woodwork and i would need more than one body to chop up lol.

also want the option for different control layouts. like have a master tone/volume on one, a standard on the other. and a side note is i love the individual on/off switches i need to get that done soon.
Quote by randywolf244
that is really cool lol. only downside is thats alot of woodwork and i would need more than one body to chop up lol.

also want the option for different control layouts. like have a master tone/volume on one, a standard on the other. and a side note is i love the individual on/off switches i need to get that done soon.

They think they're being innovative when in reality, any person with a single brain cell can do exactly the same thing by swapping out a pickguard.

They're solving a problem that doesn't exist in a way that's hopelessly impractical.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 26, 2013,